De Lancer WIFI La Mulata

flgman1966

Sep 26, 2023
Sosua
I first sent this directly to Delancerguy, but I haven't heard back.

Let me first say, I am currently in the United States. I just returned from the Dominican Republic. During my stay I had Wi-Fi connected at my vacation home in Sosúa. In anticipation of this trip and the Wi-Fi service install, I prepared a Netgear R8000 modem as an Access Point to connect to the Delancer Modem via an Ethernet cable. This Access Point has a VPN installed and will allow me to make certain communications to the United States as if I was in the United States, plus it will add additional protection to private information.

So. I connected the Access Point to various LAN ports, with Ethernet cable, on the Delancer modem and could not get an Internet signal to pass through the Access Point. The Delancer modem is working fine and running at about 200mps wirelessly. I didn't check the LAN side for speed, but a computer connected directly to Delancer modem with Ethernet cable was performing well. Internet web sites loaded quickly. However, I could not get Internet through the Access Point, wired or wireless, with an Ethernet cable connecting the Delancer modem (LAN port) to the Yellow Ethernet port of the Access Point. I could connect to the Access Point WiFi, but with a notification that "no Internet" available. The Access Point router, a Netgear R8000 modem/router, had solid white lights for:

1. Power
2. Internet
3. 2.4g
4. 5.0g1
5. 5.0g2

Through instruction manual for the Access Point (modem/router) the solid white lights indicate the item is functioning and an Internet signal is present. I could not get Internet wirelessly or wired through the LAN ports. The Ethernet cable was connected from the LAN port(s) on the Delancer modem to the Yellow Ethernet port on the Access Point. I also connected and disconnected all Ethernet cables to ensure good connection.

I gave up. I am now home in the US and I brought the Access Point (modem/router) with me to diagnose here. To my amazement, I plugged in the Access Point (modem/router) and it is functioning perfectly, Wi-Fi and wired (LAN).

Could there be a conflict between the Delancer modem and my Netgear R8000 modem/router, now converted to an Access Point?

What can I do to remedy this?

I am also curious, I have seen chatter about a US connection directly from Delancer. Does this show that you are physically within the US for Internet traffic purposes?

Also trying to understand this Delancer Modem/Router. I thought it was Fiber Optic, but it has a strange connector through a very durable flat black wire that appears to have a metal core, unlike coaxial cable. Anyone know what this is? What type of model/router tech they are using? DSL, FO, Cable etc. To me it is none of the above.

Thank you in advance!!

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016
Try this below (but a VPN router, if the VPN can not be disengaged) may cause issue and prevent many US websites and printer usage and may conflict with the ISP modem. Delancer tech guys can likely come assist you for little $$

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Not sure what protocol router VPN was using but this sounds like you may need to change some configuration on the Delancer modem to allow VPN traffic of a router through it. Search the web..., my ExpressVPN on my Android TV box goes through it fine...

The fiber optics cable they use here by Delancer is of this flat type. It's okay, they also use that for their TV HD channels... , works fine...

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
just looking at the manual of R8000 it's default ip address is 192.168.1.1 and our router's default ip address is the same.
for router to "route" it has to be connected between two different network. i sent you message in PM, send me your contract number i will get your modem's ip address changed it may fix the problem

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I have a gl-net small router with build in vpn (use Nord) connected to Delancer, no problem. I find its better though if I use it as a repeater.
But when you use a vpn in the router its slows it down like 80%. I also use my Nord vpn on my firestick and it usually increases my speed, really. weird.

So when I watch IPTV channels I have my VPN on for my firestick and stops most buffering.

Just my experinces

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
when you watch IPTV you using CDN (Content Delivery Network) to receive each individual channel, this uses resources and capacity contracted by your IPTV supplier from that CDN. when you have multiple devices using it or you have lowend plan that is not proving you with public ip address CDN system sees all clients together requesting this content as 1 entity and starts limiting bandwidth allowance to that particular shared IP address.

i geeked it out a little bit, basically what i'm saying compared to regular TV services where signal is broadcast and basically until certain point it doesn't matter how many people watching it, with IPTV you not only using your internet but also each TV using additional resources of the sending CDN system and those cost money and limits purchased/established by supplier that's why at peak hours you will notice buffering.

VPN might help by pretending to be on another IP address but it may also make it worse because your data flows via third network and that network needs to have double capacity reserved for you to work and also VPN packets do have headers and add up 16-25% more to your data. i'm saying to transport 1Mbps directly you will need to use 1.2Mbps of your regular internet to make it work the same. Also VPN provider might be limiting bandwidth per user.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Also trying to understand this Delancer Modem/Router. I thought it was Fiber Optic, but it has a strange connector through a very durable flat black wire that appears to have a metal core, unlike coaxial cable. Anyone know what this is? What type of model/router tech they are using? DSL, FO, Cable etc. To me it is none of the above.

Thank you in advance!!
That is an outdoor fiberoptic cable.

Reactions: flgman1966

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
just looking at the manual of R8000 it's default ip address is 192.168.1.1 and our router's default ip address is the same.
for router to "route" it has to be connected between two different network. i sent you message in PM, send me your contract number i will get your modem's ip address changed it may fix the problem
If WAN IP of his R8000 was manually set to work with his existing ISP in the USA then changing DeLancer modem LAN DHCP range will not help him. My experience with Netgear routers - they try to self cure to avoid IP conflict with the internet provider in automatic configuration mode, they change their LAN IP automatically. He needs someone to help him when he is back in Dominican Republic.

flgman1966

Sep 26, 2023
Sosua
If WAN IP of his R8000 was manually set to work with his existing ISP in the USA then changing DeLancer modem LAN DHCP range will not help him. My experience with Netgear routers - they try to self cure to avoid IP conflict with the internet provider in automatic configuration mode, they change their LAN IP automatically. He needs someone to help him when he is back in Dominican Republic.
Well. I set up the R8000a few months ago and thought it would be plug and play. When it wasn't and with my limited understanding I think there was a combination of factors, asking with having limited time to resolve, feeling pressure causes stress. I think I may have even made a couple changes that might have added to the problem. I did see some info on IP address conflict, but not exactly what I was trying to do.

The R8000 is now again fully functional, VPN and all. I also printed out instructions that will help me with the settings, if the programming is lost or changes while in transport. Heading back to Sosúa next weekend. Will update with the results. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Well. I set up the R8000a few months ago and thought it would be plug and play. When it wasn't and with my limited understanding I think there was a combination of factors, asking with having limited time to resolve, feeling pressure causes stress. I think I may have even made a couple changes that might have added to the problem. I did see some info on IP address conflict, but not exactly what I was trying to do.

The R8000 is now again fully functional, VPN and all. I also printed out instructions that will help me with the settings, if the programming is lost or changes while in transport. Heading back to Sosúa next weekend. Will update with the results. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
PM me when in you are here. I live in La Mulata. Will try to help.

Reactions: flgman1966