Delancer becoming too slow to use

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I live in Los Cerros. Delancer fiber is becoming so slow both I and my neighbors are finding it almost unusable.
Anyone else having issues with internet speed and Delancer elsewhere ?
For 3,150 pesos a month I won't stay with them unless I see it increase this month.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I live in Los Cerros. Delancer fiber is becoming so slow both I and my neighbors are finding it almost unusable.
For 3,150 pesos a month I won't stay with them unless I see it increase this month.
Just call them up. Im sure they would be happy to increase it to 4 or maybe even 5000 pesos a month....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What options do you have?

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
hi guys

every single provider established data cap - this is done so that users use low pricing for their own internet needs instead of sharing or reselling.

so let's say @chico bill says that his 3500 pesos plan is slow: i guess if i'm looking at pricelist 3500 pesos means you have 25M plan without data cap, why don't you switch to 100M for 2500pesos? or 200M for 3500pesos?

i have mentioned it before it's not about internet speed but wifi, wifi is not stable medium and many factors affect what speed you get.
if it's about delancer you would be measuing slower bandwidth over cable. if you have plan higher than 100M you should also measure over port 1 of the modem, some modems have ports 2,3,4 at maximum speed of 100M and port 1 at 1000M

mesh systems help a lot with wifi even more if nodes interconnected by cable. there are also dual band modems they may help in smaller house setups and you can ask about it at delancers call center. wifi has low strength signal is because nobody wants to cause cancer and also interfer with your neighbors's wifi.

cheers,

delancerguy

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
What speeds are you getting and is this via wifi or via ethernet cable?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I pay 2950 monthly. My wife and I both work online and our tv is IPTV. I just did a check and I'm getting 40 down and 7 up. Delancer has been top notch in the past while for us. I use ethernet for work and tv because wifi doesn't reach my office well. Cement walls block the signal.

Reactions: Abuela and Billp16

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I pay 2950 monthly. My wife and I both work online and our tv is IPTV. I just did a check and I'm getting 40 down and 7 up. Delancer has been top notch in the past while for us. I use ethernet for work and tv because wifi doesn't reach my office well. Cement walls block the signal.
So these speeds are with ethernet cable from the modem directly? If yes, I'm confused as unless I'm overlooking something, you should be getting much more with the price you pay? https://cabledelancer.com/services.html ?

I'm commenting on this even though I have never had anything to do with Delancer as I also used to work from home in the DR, and we once set up a fiber optics connection in a not-so-good barrio in POP, and there was easily 100/20 mbps available. Not because what they told but because I measured. Last connection we had from Claro was 1700 DOP/month for 50/20 fiber optics.

I'm glad if you're fine with the connection, but 7 mbps upwards would not be fine with me for work...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I'm waiting for Claro fiber optics to come to try it. The problem isn't speed for Delancer when it's working right. The problem is it slows to a crawl from about 3 PM till 10 PM.
If they have too many customers to maintain the speeds they promise they should install more fiber, or give you a discount.
There are times, when it slows that I can hotspot my phone and do better than my Delancer connection

Reactions: La Profe_1

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What speeds are you getting and is this via wifi or via ethernet cable?
It varies to as high as 38 mps download but often slows to 10-12. Uploads are always around 5-8 mps. This morning it was 38.5 and 7

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
It varies to as high as 38 mps download but often slows to 10-12. Uploads are always around 5-8 mps. This morning it was 38.5 and 7
I'm sorry but that's ridiculous and plain simply robbery in my opinion. Those speeds with 3150 and fiber optics cable monthly? Let's hope Claro brings good news.

We had easily those speeds with copper wire (ADSL) with Claro 7 years ago for 1800 DOP... Fiber optics and it goes down that far, it's definitely not right... I would hope delancerguy replies again to this thread.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Here is my Delancer this morning, its getting better,jijiji

DOWNLOAD (MBPS)
UPLOAD (MBPS)
Ping (ms)
Jitter (ms)
Sosua, Cabarete

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
i don't see any reason for slow down in the evenings, make sure you do not have any other usage when you measure it. for example and i have seen it many times icloud or google/android or onedrive etc making backups and using all upload bandwidth which also means download is not available because of the way tcp protocol works.

adsl never had more than 1Mbps (maximum 2Mbps if you are really close to the central) of upload speed.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
So these speeds are with ethernet cable from the modem directly? If yes, I'm confused as unless I'm overlooking something, you should be getting much more with the price you pay? https://cabledelancer.com/services.html ?

I'm commenting on this even though I have never had anything to do with Delancer as I also used to work from home in the DR, and we once set up a fiber optics connection in a not-so-good barrio in POP, and there was easily 100/20 mbps available. Not because what they told but because I measured. Last connection we had from Claro was 1700 DOP/month for 50/20 fiber optics.

I'm glad if you're fine with the connection, but 7 mbps upwards would not be fine with me for work...
most likely they selected plan without data cap or didn't update to a newer plans. for 2500 you can have 100M/75M plan.

delancer's data cap is 3TB - this volume of data is used up if you use 10Mbps nonstop 24/7 for 30 days. which is not the case for normal use.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
I'm waiting for Claro fiber optics to come to try it. The problem isn't speed for Delancer when it's working right. The problem is it slows to a crawl from about 3 PM till 10 PM.
If they have too many customers to maintain the speeds they promise they should install more fiber, or give you a discount.
There are times, when it slows that I can hotspot my phone and do better than my Delancer connection
this sounds like you have some device connecting over wifi that has bad signal and this slows the rest of your network. or as simple as change of wifi channel.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

My package is unlimited data. The ones you are looking at are not unlimited.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
adsl never had more than 1Mbps (maximum 2Mbps if you are really close to the central) of upload speed.
I want to say that it was way more than 2mbps, as I know I could not have worked with a bandwidth like that, but this was years ago, so I honestly don't remember the exact upload speed. Download it was 20 mbps as I had to fight with Claro to get that... I want to say it was at least 5 (upload), but don't remember exactly...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wonder if the geoelectric storm that hitting earth has anything to do with the slowness. My speed test is 310 Mbps but Amazon and Facebook are dreadfully slow right now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I wonder if the geoelectric storm that hitting earth has anything to do with the slowness. My speed test is 310 Mbps but Amazon and Facebook are dreadfully slow right now.
I hate when that happens. Must be why my power is out and Edenorte is not fixing it:

I have Cable del Norte and no problem with my "hi-speed" fiber cables.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
So a couple of months ago I was getting very tired of the Delancer internet speed, it was so inconsistent and would vary from 5mb to 15mb per second. I was paying for a 20mb package. So I spoke to Diomedes (who for me is the best employee at Delancer), and he recommended that I change to a fixed contract 105mb download and 75mb upload for 2500 pesos. It does have a 3TB limit per month and I was calculating how much we use (family of 4 all using smart TV's, phones, plus other internet based items at the same time) and we did not come close to 3TB. I do regular speed tests and the speed is always as it should be within 10mb per second. I just did one now and it was 94mb down and 73 up. Last night it was 108 down and 80 up. It is excellent. I am very happy with the internet I am getting from Delancer now and if you are now consuming huge amounts of data then I recommend this plan.