Get out the insect repellant.

computer translated:

Dengue attacks strongly in Santo Domingo, Azua and Baní​

• Dengue attacks strongly in Santo Domingo, Azua and Baní
    The transmitting mosquito breeds in clean waters. FILE

Doris Pantaleon
doris.pantaleon@listindiario.com
Santo Domingo, RD

Greater Santo Domingo, Azua and Baní were the districts that reported the highest number of dengue cases in the last weeks of epidemiological registration, a disease that has caused the death of 17 patients this year, the most affected being those under 19 years of age.

Until the end of last October, the country registered 2,457 cases of dengue, while hospitals, especially pediatric hospitals, continue to report the presence of cases.

One of these hospitals is the Robert Reid Cabral children's hospital, which this week has maintained an average of between 12 and 19 patients admitted, so its director, the infectologist Clemente Terrero recommends going to the doctor early on suspicion of this disease, which at least usually starts with a high fever. He said that in recent weeks the dengue wards of the hospital have been kept full, but that the most important thing is to see a doctor immediately to avoid complications in the country.

Dengue has the characteristic that the patient can decompensate quickly if not treated in time and go into shock.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr AE tells me he read that those mosquitoes are attracted to O- blood. Anyone else hear that? He says he remembers because it’s his blood type, and he’s already had it at least once.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'll take having Covid again over having Dengue again any day of the week.

Reactions: jd426

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Get out the insect repellant.

computer translated:

Dengue attacks strongly in Santo Domingo, Azua and Baní​

• Dengue attacks strongly in Santo Domingo, Azua and Baní
    The transmitting mosquito breeds in clean waters. FILE

Doris Pantaleon
doris.pantaleon@listindiario.com
Santo Domingo, RD

Greater Santo Domingo, Azua and Baní were the districts that reported the highest number of dengue cases in the last weeks of epidemiological registration, a disease that has caused the death of 17 patients this year, the most affected being those under 19 years of age.

Until the end of last October, the country registered 2,457 cases of dengue, while hospitals, especially pediatric hospitals, continue to report the presence of cases.

One of these hospitals is the Robert Reid Cabral children's hospital, which this week has maintained an average of between 12 and 19 patients admitted, so its director, the infectologist Clemente Terrero recommends going to the doctor early on suspicion of this disease, which at least usually starts with a high fever. He said that in recent weeks the dengue wards of the hospital have been kept full, but that the most important thing is to see a doctor immediately to avoid complications in the country.

Dengue has the characteristic that the patient can decompensate quickly if not treated in time and go into shock.

So there is where my jacuzzi ended up..

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Studies show mosquitos are more often attracted to "O" blood over "B" and "A" types. I don't know if rh+ or rh- is also a factor.

I've not had dengue, but I'm very popular with mosquitos. I'm A+....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Studies show mosquitos are more often attracted to "O" blood over "B" and "A" types. I don't know if rh+ or rh- is also a factor.

I've not had dengue, but I'm very popular with mosquitos. I'm A+....
They love me too. B+. Mr AE says they like Italian food. 😂

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I am A+ and have never met a mosquitoe that didn't like me. In social gatherings most people flock to sit next to me as they are invisible to mosquitoes if I am there.
That whole blood type thing is from the era that you can't get pregnant if you are wearing blue socks.
Wife's tales at their finest.