Dentists in Puerto Plata

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
badboy,what are the costs for the implants from dr, frias and time table to get the work done,thanks.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I paid...........

easygoin said:
badboy,what are the costs for the implants from dr, frias and time table to get the work done,thanks.

$2900. for 4 of them. Originally quoted at $3200. but since I was paying all at once he gave me a discount..(but who knows).

He'll do implants on a moments notice. (I called for an apt for consultation on a Monday, saw him Tuesday and had the implants on Wednesday. IT WAS PAINLESS........All four were done within 1 hour TOTAL and that included removing one tooth that had to come out to put an implant in it's place. (That was included in the price).

The Dr. is VERY professional, speaks English and I believe was trained and worked in Spain for many years.

He has been mentioned on other posts on this site previously.

bugaloo

Mar 19, 2004
Might as well answer in the same topic,

Bugaloo can not only dance it, he can also play it. (Im both a web/print designer and a musician)

Does Richie Ray come to mind?

bugaloo pa todo el mundo.

fernando.

planner said:
Just as an aside, I am pretty sure Lambada can .... but can Bugaloo actually Bugaloo???

Another thread....

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
pop. bad boy,thanks so much for your reply so soon.i would also ask how did you have that done so fast?dont they have to match colors to your orig teethor im i missing something,thanks.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Implants.......................

easygoin said:
pop. bad boy,thanks so much for your reply so soon.i would also ask how did you have that done so fast?dont they have to match colors to your orig teethor im i missing something,thanks.

.............are just implants!...............

..............That's the stainless steel things that they put into your jaw that will hold your teeth AT A LATER TIME. The implant itself stays in without a tooth (but has like a stainless steel top on it) for about 2 months.....they have to become firm in the bone.......THEN you have to have caps or bridges put on them. The cap/bridge will then cost between 150 and 300US for each. The implant doctor doesn't put the teeth in.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
To be honest, I didn't know what an 'implant' was either, I assume due to the differences between British & American English. Are you in fact referring to the 'post' part of a 'crown & post'? The little steel pin which is inserted in the empty root canal (empty after the nerve has been removed). If so, have to admit I've never waited 2 months for the 'post' to set in the bone, a week or two only, max.

An 'implant' to me, as a female, means something entirely different........& not in the mouth! ;) (And, no, I don't have them................)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
To Clarify...........

Lambada said:
To be honest, I didn't know what an 'implant' was either, I assume due to the differences between British & American English. Are you in fact referring to the 'post' part of a 'crown & post'? The little steel pin which is inserted in the empty root canal (empty after the nerve has been removed). If so, have to admit I've never waited 2 months for the 'post' to set in the bone, a week or two only, max.

An 'implant' to me, as a female, means something entirely different........& not in the mouth! ;) (And, no, I don't have them................)

NO, an implant is when you need to have teeth put where you no longer have a good one to hold a cap/crown/or bridge.

It is just like the metal / plastic things that you put into a cement wall when you drill a hole to insert a screw. They are made out of stainless steel. The surgeon cuts your gum along the top, drills into the bone deep into your jaw and then takes this "implant" thing which has ridges on it. They insert it into the hole, then with an "allen" (sp?) type wrench screw it into the bone.

This stays in place for two months. Once the jaw and it have become "one" they then put a screw type top into it and then place a porclean tooth on it.

Lambada, The "steel pin" you refer to is exactly what you said, but for a tooth that you have...........THIS IS FOR TEETH THAT YOU EITHER DON'T HAVE OR HAVE TAKEN OUT SINCE THEY ARE NOT STRONG ETC..

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
We call false teeth...........

Lambada said:
NOW I'm with you, thanks! (In my language, we call those false teeth.......& no I don't have any of those either ;) ).

..........the ones that you can take in and out!!!...........IMPLANTS are the newest method of tooth replacement.

amberwrath

Oct 26, 2004
I need dental work too/long message.

POP Bad Boy said:
..........the ones that you can take in and out!!!...........IMPLANTS are the newest method of tooth replacement.

Hello Bad Boy.

Your info is right on the money.

In my case I need bridges and caps with a post for installation is older work.

I was wondering if you would know if the dentists put temp caps on while waiting for the final porceline bridges or caps to return from the dental lab like here in the states.

How long does it take to have the finished work returned to the dental office so they can put them in place. I will be on vacation to Purto Plata or Sousa area,maybe even Cabaret. I need to know how long to plan my stay.

I have implants and posts already,broke my jaw along with my teeth aboiut 15 years ago.

Your description of implants are correct.
I believe (posts) is the correct terminolgy for adding mounting fixture inside an excisting tooth. Then comes the cap or whatever is the plan.

I was wondering if you could tell me the price of bridge work. For example a three tooth bridge. the price of a cap etc. in dollars.

I am now free to visit in February.

Thanks you reading my long info request.

Ken if you read this I am going to be contacting you soon.

Thanks
Rick

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
Has anyone had silver fillings removed/replaced with composite at Dr. Lepe's ?? Was it done safely for mercury vapors during removal ??
Or - who can ? I have several silver fillings that I've had for 30yrs that need to be replaced .... any advice ?
Thanks.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
been popping aleeve and enake 25 like crazy

I am not a doctor or dentist, but to bide your time, you should be incorporating amoxicilina 500 2x per day to ward off any infection.
As far as the pain, use ibuprofena 800.
Do not drink alcohol, but yes, plenty of water.
Seek out your nearest clinica, and they will refer you to a dentist who is indeed open and operating. They are to be found.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I am not a doctor or dentist, but to bide your time, you should be incorporating amoxicilina 500 2x per day to ward off any infection.
As far as the pain, use ibuprofena 800.
Do not drink alcohol, but yes, plenty of water.
Seek out your nearest clinica, and they will refer you to a dentist who is indeed open and operating. They are to be found.

Thank you been to clinica every referal was closed... got a dentist on phone... told me to take diclo lp for pain 1 x 12hr they help and taking ampicilina 1000 1 per day. search continues

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Im in pop with a wisdom tooth ache but no dentists are open what can i do ?
I just WhatsApped my dentista....

she says the military won't let her leave the house (in POP) yet

I have lost part of a filling - no pain or odor.... so not an emergency - YET!!