Deposit on Promesa de Compra

yeptruthhurts

Feb 10, 2021
Going to meet with a lawyer this week but would like heads up on this. When signing a contract "promise to Buy", you have to put down a deposit that is usually 10% of the cost of the property. Who does that go to? The realtor is telling me directly to the seller.. which is ok for me... but just wondering.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Going to meet with a lawyer this week but would like heads up on this. When signing a contract "promise to Buy", you have to put down a deposit that is usually 10% of the cost of the property. Who does that go to? The realtor is telling me directly to the seller.. which is ok for me... but just wondering.
Are you buy property as in land or a house?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
When I bought raw land.
My attorney researched and made sure that the title and several other documents (cannot remember the name of them) were in order.
That was before any money changed hands.
And the deposit went directly into the sellers bank account.
Throughout the entire transaction, no money moved until my attorney gave me a (y) .
That was my experience.

Bring on the pain
I like your name‼️

Reactions: yeptruthhurts