Deputies yield to pressures and approve 12 more days of emergency.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Diputados-periodo-extension-emergencia-Listin-Diario-e1591020884579.jpeg

After heated debates, the Chamber of Deputies approved late on Saturday 30 May 2020 a 12-day extension of the National State of Emergency. The extension is less than half of the 25 days requested by President Danilo Medina that was rubber-stamped by the Senate.

The resolution from the Chamber of Deputies will now return to the Senate for approval in this all-too-familiar-scenario.

Once again, the deputies from the opposition parties have issued statements saying that this “is the last time” that they would approve an extension. But they said that the last time, too. Many analysts are opposed to removing the controls over social distancing, masks and curfews, saying that the “curve” of new cases and fatalities has yet to show any downward trend. Other articles in the press late last week indicated that the province of Santo Domingo is now...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Do the mods still merge
threads?

I can not speak for them, but I believe the news is separate from the forum thread lines, albeit you do view them within the forum's listings.
We are all aware of the forum thread lines, but I believe some members of this community only subscribe to the news features (Daily Headline News & Travel News), as opposed to participating in the group discussions. This is the reason the headlined news with supporting links is still published, even if the item is already being discussed within another thread line of the forum.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Do the mods still merge
threads?

We can and we do.

I can not speak for them, but I believe the news is separate from the forum thread lines, albeit you do view them within the forum's listings.
We are all aware of the forum thread lines, but I believe some members of this community only subscribe to the news features (Daily Headline News & Travel News), as opposed to participating in the group discussions. This is the reason the headlined news with supporting links is still published, even if the item is already being discussed within another thread line of the forum.

Saved me some typing. Yes, the news is separate from the regular threads.