Device to Slow Electric Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The meter doesnt read how much current passes by but how much doesn't come back.
what those technicians do is to set a "bridge" that gets some current back to the meter.
it's an usual practice in America Latina specially in those countrieswhere electric generation
is a goverment owned business. Besides the honorable drawbacks we may have about it, we
should be aware that it reduces the efficiency and life of electric appliances.

i read the article you posted, and saw the reference to bridge rectifiers. is this the "bridge" you are referring to in your posting?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
This thread should be closed and deleted. As if there arn't enough issues with electricity in this country!
If everone paid, there would be more stability. Why post about something you are not "interestd" in? it makes no sense.
Dude, just please.

I just want to understand the technology behind this.

I don't understand how such a thing is possible. Maybe it is, I don't know.

It's like asking "how are opium poppies made into pure street heroin." One doesn't have to shoot to have an inquiring mind.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Look up Kirchoff's law and tell me how that is possible?

Unless you mean that the meter is bypassed, which is stealing.
How can a device...or "card" as was explained to me...put on your breaker box inside your house bypass a meter?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This thread should be closed and deleted. As if there arn't enough issues with electricity in this country!
If everone paid, there would be more stability. Why post about something you are not "interestd" in? it makes no sense.

I see no reason for closing nor deleting this thread.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"WIND", at least I "Got It!"
Why buy a "Device" to steal electricity, when everyone else is just stealing electricity, "For Free"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too subtle for most "DR1ers"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
"WIND", at least I "Got It!"
Why buy a "Device" to steal electricity, when everyone else is just stealing electricity, "For Free"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too subtle for most "DR1ers"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The difference is where you steal it. Before the meter is easy. You can walk through any neighborhood and see it.

But after the meter?

I still don't understand, but want to.

Matilda had first-hand experience with it. Maybe Esposa de Matilda can explain it to her.

I don't see how any device put downstream of the meter can slow it down ot alter the readings in any way. And if it CAN, why it would be fraud.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
installed one a couple of years ago, doesn't seem to save me anything
what I did notice, after a blackout there was always something needed fixing in my fridge
after installing the device that never happened to me again so it does save me something...

just my 2c
Can you post a picture?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
The thread is about stealing electricity. It is not correct. You can flip your gas meter around and receive natural gas while reversing the numbers too but you still shouldn't be doing it! I can only imagine how rampant that would be in the DR if homes needed heat.
Tonto, this is NOT about stealing electricity. It's about how such a device works, IF it works.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The thread is about stealing electricity. It is not correct. You can flip your gas meter around and receive natural gas while reversing the numbers too but you still shouldn't be doing it! I can only imagine how rampant that would be in the DR if homes needed heat.

All of what you say, whether true or not, is not relevant with respect to threads posted on DR1.

I suspect that most Dominican "electricians" are selling a "shunt" type of device to reduce the power you are using that flows through the meter and not power factor correction boxes (which are essentially useless for home use.).

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Tonto, this is NOT about stealing electricity. It's about how such a device works,

The difference is where you steal it. Before the meter is easy. You can walk through any neighborhood and see it.

Your words, not mine ......
So in your convoluted world, talking about how a crime might be committed is the same as advocating criminal behavior?

Seriously?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very relevant, this site shouldn't aid in the theft of electricity.

If you think you run the site and can make such decisions, don't let me stand in your way regarding such thoughts.

By the way. The Ede's check how much energy enters a circuit. Then they compute how much of it is paid for, then they decide based upon a formula how many hours of power they will provide to that circuit. Those who steal power would cause everyone around them to have less power. So there is some incentive to report those stealing power. Some, but not much.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Very relevant, this site shouldn't aid in the theft of electricity.
We talk about money laundering. Are we abbetting money laundering?

We talk about how politicians are corrupted. Are we advocating corruption?

We talk about how PN & AMET accept bribes. Are we promoting scofflaw behavior?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
We talk about money laundering. Are we abbetting money laundering?

We talk about how politicians are corrupted. Are we advocating corruption?

We talk about how PN & AMET accept bribes. Are we promoting scofflaw behavior?

Guy, look at his name....

A wise man once said, "You can't fix stupid." ......

Status
Not open for further replies.