Device to Slow Electric Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Guy, look at his name....

A wise man once said, "You can't fix stupid." ......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/agolNP7gWtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>..............

May 5, 2007
How can a device...or "card" as was explained to me...put on your breaker box inside your house bypass a meter?

I see your original post as similar to many; "I heard about this "device, how does it work" Then in typical message board fashion, personal opinions, you are dammed for cheating, esoteric ideas and much about nothing is quickly introduced. We should soon have some posts about how the Marines did it in the "Day" and how Police work used to be, a felony arrest per shift etc

I recall in the "old days," people would actually take their meter off it's mounting, return it upside down for a week or so and supposedly it would run backward taking money off the meter (Only a legend, no idea about facts)

I don't see this working too well in digital world, though I applaud the new smart meters in that I can now view my usage by hour/day/month. What in Hell I do at 12 midnight to make my usage "skyrocket" to .18 per hour I don't know, bet you all in the DR wished you had that problem

At approximately $3.00 per day, I sure can't complain about electricity in Florida

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I don't see this working too well in digital world, though I applaud the new smart meters in that I can now view my usage by hour/day/month. What in Hell I do at 12 midnight to make my usage "skyrocket" to .18 per hour I don't know, bet you all in the DR wished you had that problem

At approximately $3.00 per day, I sure can't complain about electricity in Florida
Here, it's a Life Struggle to keep cosumption below 700kw. I've bumped over that twice...and paid the price.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Yeah, seriously. If you were posting about a device for your cars fuel injection, that increased your mileage, that would be fine.
With electricity, it is simple, you use what you use, with no grey area. So, knowing this, there is no device that will help yo use less power, only devices that can help you receive power without paying for it.
That's stealing.
I posted about technology, brainiac.

I inquired about the technology, whether it exists or is a scam.

You jumped the shark, bro. That or the proverbial reading comprehension you've acquired is a tad...suboptimal.

If there IS a technology that can, in fact, reduce the spikes of dirty power coming in-that inductive devices don't use and don't need-and thus reduce what the meter reads is hardly "stealing." It becomes a cost/benefit analysis.

If such a technology is applied DOWNSTREAM of the meter, I don't see how that can be construed as "stealing."

However, IF a device is put before the meter, THEN I can see a case of "stealing"...and as I said before, a casual walk through virtually ANY neighborhood in the country will demonstrate abundant examples. I've had a neighbor steal power from me, and didn't care for it one bit.

Some cheerfeul advice: read better and post less.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Please don't shoot the messenger, but I can assure you, here in the campo, in one colmado I frequent, I see a small knife switch with wires going into the breaker box, when the switch is in the down position the meter records electrical consumption, when centred, the power goes out, when raised to top position, the power goes back on and the meter doesn't move. Now how this works I haven't got a clue, but work it does.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Please don't shoot the messenger, but I can assure you, here in the campo, in one colmado I frequent, I see a small knife switch with wires going into the breaker box, when the switch is in the down position the meter records electrical consumption, when centred, the power goes out, when raised to top position, the power goes back on and the meter doesn't move. Now how this works I haven't got a clue, but work it does.
Simple: one positive wire is after the meter, the other is before the meter. I suspect the meter is fairly close by, close enough to run a wire.

My meter is on the street a good 150' from my house.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I posted about technology, brainiac.

I inquired about the technology, whether it exists or is a scam.

You jumped the shark, bro. That or the proverbial reading comprehension you've acquired is a tad...suboptimal.

If there IS a technology that can, in fact, reduce the spikes of dirty power coming in-that inductive devices don't use and don't need-and thus reduce what the meter reads is hardly "stealing." It becomes a cost/benefit analysis.

If such a technology is applied DOWNSTREAM of the meter, I don't see how that can be construed as "stealing."

However, IF a device is put before the meter, THEN I can see a case of "stealing"...and as I said before, a casual walk through virtually ANY neighborhood in the country will demonstrate abundant examples. I've had a neighbor steal power from me, and didn't care for it one bit.

Some cheerfeul advice: read better and post less.

I've always wondered about that dirty power question.....

Howdo all those Bill Gates rich guys float their Biga$$ yachts into dickhole places in the world and plug in ??

All that electronic stuff--- hundreds of thousands of $$ worth need protection.

I have no friends (well, few) in that category so haven't got the answer yet.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I've always wondered about that dirty power question.....

Howdo all those Bill Gates rich guys float their Biga$$ yachts into dickhole places in the world and plug in ??

All that electronic stuff--- hundreds of thousands of $$ worth need protection.

I have no friends (well, few) in that category so haven't got the answer yet.
They have onboard systems of voltage regulation and power conditioners.

One can have the same here if they want to spend the $$$...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I have a suggestion, earn more!
I have a suggestion: bite me.

:classic:

Besides, if I had wanted to steal electricity, I could have already. That may be hard for you to understand, reading comprehension issues and all...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You are renting, correct?
Shocker .....
Correct.

I cannot make an economic model rationalizing to buy rather than rent in the DR. I have plenty of property in the states.

I rent a modern 3500sf house with 2.5 car garage and pool on over 1/4 acres in one of the best neighborhoods in Jarabacoa for under $700mo. The owner wants to eventually sell for $375,000.

Do the math, sport.

The way my math works, I'm saving over $2500 a month by renting.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You started a thread called "device to slow electric meter."
You should have called it "is there any other way I can steal my power, other than removng one of the legs before the meter?"
I will post whatever title I want.

I was crystal clear as to my intention in the OP.

YOU have chosen to parse meanings to words the way you want to, not the way I intended. They are not my words. You put them in my mouth, something I'm not particularly fond of as others will tell you.

You have chosen to be intentionally obtuse.

Based on your posts and behavior, I conclude your prodigious bag overflows with considerable douche...

We better now, Boo? :classic:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No more bickering please, let's get back on the topic of the meter and how it does or doesn't work.

Big Sister is watching you.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Could the renting name caller, living in a $700 per month home, really want to steal power?
Nawwwww, really?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the possibility you didn't see my post before you posted this. Next one and I won't be so generous.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I know there is a special forum for this ,but,
Can anyone tell me what "TONTO" means in Spanish????????
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I made a "FUNNY"!
I hope the "Lone Ranger" finds his "Faithful Indian Companero" soon.
"Right Quimo Sabe"?????
by,"Anon".

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"AE", I posted BEFORE your last post!
Have Mercy!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How does this person miss all the warning signs.....???

New to the group? Nah, maybe not.

Canadians usually avoid conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.