DHL for shipping a credit card?

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
I just had my MasterCard compromised and they're sending me another one. It has to go to my home of record in the USA. This is my sister and BIL's house. What would be the best way to ship it here? I thought I read on here that DHL was the best but I can't search DHL because it's too short.

If DHL is the preferred method, do I create an account and my sister ships using it? Then, where would I pick it up. I do have BM Cargo but I understand that they don't do mail.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
I have had a few cards sent to Boca Chica recently. My home address is in Canada. The cards are shipped to me by the Bank, at their expense. They use different courier and by the time it reaches here the major couriers even pass it on to a second courier for delivery.
The Banks also tell you you must be present and sign for the card when the card is delivered.
In Boca Chica I found that was wishful thinking on the part of the bank.
When the courier finally arrived in Boca Chica, they gave it to the person that open my door and left without getting a signature. They don't care.
I am just curious why the Bank would only ship to your home of record in the USA?
What would happen if you were stuck in the middle of Europe without cash or card?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have had a few cards sent to Boca Chica recently. My home address is in Canada. The cards are shipped to me by the Bank, at their expense. They use different courier and by the time it reaches here the major couriers even pass it on to a second courier for delivery.
The Banks also tell you you must be present and sign for the card when the card is delivered.
In Boca Chica I found that was wishful thinking on the part of the bank.
When the courier finally arrived in Boca Chica, they gave it to the person that open my door and left without getting a signature. They don't care.
I am just curious why the Bank would only ship to your home of record in the USA?
What would happen if you were stuck in the middle of Europe without cash or card?
Good question and I don't know the answer. It's too late for my citibank master card but my bank debit card should be sent out next month as mine expires in October, 2022. I'm going to ask.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If your bank address is in your home country and the card is compromised here (DR)...the bank knows you're not 'home'.

My card company had no problem redirecting delivery to here.

Furthermore, I asked them not to cancel the card... I had too many recurring charges on it.
They simply blocked it for internet purchases..... in person charges were allowed.
When I needed to book my ticket home... I called them and they allowed the purchase....a one time buy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A smart thing to do is to dedicate a separate card for the internet….. and carry an ‘in person’ one

it’s a real pain when they cancel the card