Did you know that mods can edit your posts without permission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I recently posted a reply on a topic that was DR related. Within my post I also included an opinion that wasn't necessarily DR related. That part of my reply was redacted by a mod without my knowledge or consent. Nor did I receive any sort of message or warning from anyone in DR1.

I would rather that the post be removed completely rather than having the context of my post be skewed.

I find this a little disturbing that this level of censorship is needed in this forum.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I recently posted a reply on a topic that was DR related. Within my post I also included an opinion that wasn't necessarily DR related. That part of my reply was redacted by a mod without my knowledge or consent. Nor did I receive any sort of message or warning from anyone in DR1.

I would rather that the post be removed completely rather than having the context of my post be skewed.

I find this a little disturbing that this level of censorship is needed in this forum.
So, what is the response to the general membership in regards to OP?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Moderators can either edit or delete posts. Editing is done when part of a post is DR related/on topic, and the rest is not. In this case it was very off topic USA politics that was added by Beeza; the mod chose not to delete the entire post, and that is not censorship. That is maintaining board rules. Most of you know the rules by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.