Different Couriers / Forwarding Companies

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I have used BMCargo for years for receiving packages and letters. I just checked their website, and on the registration form there is clearly an option "localidad", where you have to choose to which of their locations you want things delivered to. So indeed you should have had this selected. (https://bmcargo-online.iplus.com.do/zz/Membresia.aspx?pid=214)

For your other question I cannot really give a good answer, as while they have a good tracking system, it has always been me who has kept track where is the package, and went to the office immediately when it has arrived based on the website. So by tracking the package you for sure get to know when it has arrvived, but I'm sure there is some kind of notification system in place as well. At least with me they have always been really helpful, so you might want to confirm with them.
Okay,I see where I went wrong now,thanks.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
BM Cargo used to take my mail destined for the US and send it. But now they won't. I have some letters I need to send and do not want to pay for Fedex (Us$50) to get them there. I sent one letter from the Puerto Plata post office but I have no way to know if it went by boat or actually arrived. Can I request some sort of priority (trackable) mail from PP Post Office? Anyone know how the DR mail system works? Does air mail exist anymore and do I need to ask for it?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I would-be ask for "certificado". That's registered, so the received has to sign for it. DR post takescertificado very serieus.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Worried about 500 pesos !!. I actually love the system here ,,you pay for all extra services .. I like my car to be filled for me and tip for that , I love my groceries to be carried to my car for me and pay for that and if anyone does anything extra for me ,I like to reward them so quite often they say de nada and do not take any tip .On this occasion you paid about $10 for the parcel to be ready to be picked up whenever you wished ..sounds a bit steep but not a real problem

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
AEROPOST in Cabrera.

Miami address for mail and packages.

Mail is FREE.

Packages are $5.50 per lb then a sliding downward scale as weight goes up.

Website is excellent with notifications and tracking and payments.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Update on Aeropost.

Terrible service. Only service I could get was through web chat.

Packages arrived Miami on January 1st and still have not arrived in Cabrera.

Maybe it's holiday lag but still sucks.

Okay, harangue over.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Have had good  service from Aeropost... usually within 10days..faster at times.

Use the package prealert for quicker clearing 

Nothing too heavy....$$$$

Basementality

Nov 12, 2017
Prompt. I am temporarily in the Dominican Republic (North coast). I only have an overseas passport. No sedula and other internal documents, only a passport with a tourist visa. Can I use these delivery services? When I register need to specify the number sedula or passport, RNC, local address of residence? Did you have a similar experience?

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Yesterday,, CPS received a bunch of stuff at 12 noon, but didn't send out my stuff. Then today I have more stuff arrive, now I have to pay an additional $40 in taxes. Done with these idiots.. One other reason NOT to use them is they have not registered their address in Miami like Vimenpac has done with Amazon. Why does this matter. You don't have to pay sales tax.. Here in Punta Cana CPS charges about 50 pesos more per pound than they did in Sosua.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Aeropost has the US Sales Tax Free address
Do they deliver and which office is your home office to pick up. I have CPS but because Amazon has been collecting some sales tax maybe I would use them.
How long do they take to set up an account and are they prompt to notify?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No ... I pick up here in Cabrera...
They seem to be the only game in town here

Account was fat/easy to set up.

Look them up. --I'm happy with them but as I say.... one choice only here in this pueblito

jtom343

Nov 8, 2017
I'm thinking about setting up an online e-commerce store. Is there anyone else here that does this in this country and has tried the local post or another affordable service? What's the best way to mail something to the U.S.?

I've looked into DHL and at $50+ for a small package, that seems astronomical.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Local post? Yeah more research needed. The other option is ship everything by bus or see if any of the local couriers (EPS, CPS, etc) are interested in domestic shipments. Delivery to residential addresses is going to be an ongoing problem.

If you locate in a major city and local business takes off, you might be able to convince a bunch of motos to hang around wherever the stuff gets put in boxes and addressed and toss the moto guys a flat delivery fee for each parcel they deliver in the city.

Feb 7, 2007
You can use Vimenpaq for national shipments (100 pesos for under 10 pounds). Also Harry Heinsen ships to principal cities of the DR and they ship door to door and are extremely affordable (150 pesos SD to Bávaro door to door for 1 cubic foot).

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have used BMCargo for years for receiving packages. But I had my first problem last year with a letter. I use a mail forwarding service to receive all my mail. They then package it and forward to the address I specify. I sent package only containing mail to BMCargo location in Florida and they would not forward it to me.

They said the issue was credit cards located inside the package. Then they gave me a lot of difficulty over two days when I sent a courier to pick up the package and then send it to me directly (I was in the US at the time). It wound up costing me 70 USD because the courier company had to send them to the BMCargo location twice. I was not happy. But I learned. I still use BMCargo for my packages. But have continue to use MBE for all my mail services. The only reason I switched initially is because MBE charges an arm and a leg to forward packages. BMCargo's prices allow me to continue to engage in the online consumer spending orgy like I do when I'm in the US. And makes my life here in the DR much better. I receive my packages in Santo Domingo and track them on the BMCargo website.

I've only had one problem. A package from Amazon had nothing in it. Now the packages are opened and inspected when they arrive in Florida. They are opened again and inspected when they arrive in the DR. But when my packaged arrived at the BMCargo location in Santo Domingo there was nothing in the package. BMCargo representatives shrugged their shoulders. I contacted Amazon and they gave me a credit. Somebody ripped me off. I think someone from DGM needed a Xmas present for their novia. But that is pure speculation on my part. :ninja:

Last edited:

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I'm going to put in a plug, based on my personal experience, for Vimenpaq. I switched to them per a recommendation at this site on account of the fact that my former courier, Logicpaq, refused to take responsibility for lost packages, make up all manner of lies, subterfuges, etc.

Vimenpaq is a step above. The UI of the website is clean and meticulous. For a given package you can see details for every point that the item was scanned in with the exact time. You have a choice of pickup venues. I chose Sambil Mall. The online customer service, however, is mediocre. I've probably spent about RD$ 40,000 on about 60 or so packages and they have not lost one item. You can also pay with debit card.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
A missing package USPS said was delivered mysteriously "appeared" in my Aeropaq account a week later. I contacted Aeropaq today and apparently they are now doing USPS about twice a month, I believe this is a new policy. UPS delivery seems normal, 3-4 days from Amazon order date. Anyone have a favorite in this list? I'm looking for an alternate. Mailboxes Etc might be a good option, anyone have experience with them?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
need a recommendation for correspondence. Have both encargo pac and EPS both are fine for packages but neither handle correspondence well.