Discover

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
530
2
0
Tordok .!!............and be dissappointed. :nervous:
hey DR1 gang! ...My alter ego will be in the Coral Hamaca hotel of Boca Chica (please don't ask why there) Saturday evening February 12th. I'll pay 2 rounds of drinks to any verifiable DR1er.

Please PM before monday the 7th if interested (I might change plans and not be there myself afterall if no DR1ers reply).
cheers!

- Tordok
:bandit:
 

Chirimoya

Well-known member
Dec 9, 2002
17,850
975
113
Tordok, I'm sure several of us would like to meet you but you'd get a better response if you held your proposed audience in a more central location, like in Santo Domingo. Any chance?
 

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
7,951
28
0
www.caribbetech.com
Tordok said:
Tordok .!!............and be dissappointed. :nervous:
hey DR1 gang! ...My alter ego will be in the Coral Hamaca hotel of Boca Chica (please don't ask why there) Saturday evening February 12th. I'll pay 2 rounds of drinks to any verifiable DR1er.

Please PM before monday the 7th if interested (I might change plans and not be there myself afterall if no DR1ers reply).
cheers!

- Tordok
:bandit:


Hi Tordok,

Boca Chica is out of the way for us - I was just wondering, what was in your mind when you said verifiable DR1er? How is this going to happen? ;)
 

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
530
2
0
Chiri and Chris:
I understand. We can work something out. I'll PM both of you. Thanks.
- Tordok
 

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
530
2
0
tordok in dr

Chris said:
Hi Tordok,

Boca Chica is out of the way for us - I was just wondering, what was in your mind when you said verifiable DR1er? How is this going to happen? ;)

Hi Chris,
That part re. "verifiable" was written in jest since obviously only DRers would know of my visit.

Hey, I PM'ed Mrs. Chirimoya and asked her to suggest a place in Santo Domingo instead. My schedule is a bit limited and I'll explain later why I had to pick Boca Chica as 1st choice. I'll let you know time and place and whatever other specifics may be needed so that you can hopefully make it to this meeting in SD. Look forward to the opportunity.
bests,
- Tordok
;)
 

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
530
2
0
Tordok said:
Hi Chris,
That part re. "verifiable" was written in jest since obviously only DRers would know of my visit.

Hey, I PM'ed Mrs. Chirimoya and asked her to suggest a place in Santo Domingo instead. My schedule is a bit limited and I'll explain later why I had to pick Boca Chica as 1st choice. I'll let you know time and place and whatever other specifics may be needed so that you can hopefully make it to this meeting in SD. Look forward to the opportunity.
bests,
- Tordok
;)

Apologies all Around folks. Turns out Tordok is regretfully NOT free to go to Santo Domingo as originally intended and must CANCEL the plan for a mini-reunion. What can I say?, life IS complicated. Many thanks to the kind replies. I hope we'll have another opportunity in the near future.

- Tordok
:rolleyes:
 

Hillbilly

Moderator
Jan 1, 2002
18,948
512
113
Life's a bitch, ain't it?

Here I was all set to go to Sto Dgo, maybe even Boca ( gulp) Chica for a couple of freee drinks...

Oh well. Hey DOC? Why not fly inta Saniago?

We are centrally located, have nice bars to invite people to and you could get people from both North and South shores....And, moreover, you know your way around here.

HB :D:D
 

Naufrago

New member
Sep 1, 2004
392
0
0
Free Drinks for the DR1 Gang? Not sure you knew what you were getting into, could be a mighty costly affair, not to mention the largest gathering of DR1ers ever. Have a great trip just the same, maybe next time. :cry:
 

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
530
2
0
Hillbilly said:
Here I was all set to go to Sto Dgo, maybe even Boca ( gulp) Chica for a couple of freee drinks...

Oh well. Hey DOC? Why not fly inta Saniago?

We are centrally located, have nice bars to invite people to and you could get people from both North and South shores....And, moreover, you know your way around here.

HB :D:D

Profe,
I was trying to rid myself of my official agenda even if for just one night at the pub, hoping to meet some of the DR1 board members. But I'm on a job-related trip and was unexpectedly asked to attend an additional event on the one night that I thought I was free. So no "tertulia"......I'm considering myself lucky that I'll squeeze-in a round of golf in Romana.

BTW, Santiago absolutely deserves a trip as its own special destination. A few of us nostalgic US-based/PUCCM alumni were supposed to be there right about now, but we couldn't get everyone's schedules synchronized. Not sure when yet, but it will happen. I'll make time in advance to let you know and hopefully meet you and any other willing DR1 fellows for that one. Libations offer still standing. :classic:
saludos,
- Tordok