Distance Diagrams

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Been wanting to ask this for ages. Who has a cool distance diagram for the DR?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not DR but NYC rules

1593101024874.png

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Umm.. yeah. Thanks WW. lol

Let's start over.

Been wanting to ask this for ages. Who has a cool distance diagram of mileage (or kilometers) between cities for the DR?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks.

One more time: Does anyone have a distance Diagram with mileage between cities in the DR?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Yep, you're right. I clarified it after your post. Here's an example of a distance diagram. I was hoping someone would have a different one:

april_30__2006__47_.0.jpg

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Umm.. yeah. Thanks WW. lol

Let's start over.

Been wanting to ask this for ages. Who has a cool distance diagram of mileage (or kilometers) between cities for the DR?
Google Earth has a great tool you can use. Google Maps is easier, you can enter start and destination and gives you options, you can track your trip and get directions while you drive.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Google Earth has a great tool you can use. Google Maps is easier, you can enter start and destination and gives you options, you can track your trip and get directions while you drive.

Yep.. They sure do! Thanks..

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
DR citizens and many others do not get the concept that if you pass by another person, inside or outside, while simply walking, it's a great way to transmit contagion.

People here will walk right by you with zero thought. Nobody steps out of the way to avoid a close by walk by.

Mindless cattle moving about. It's truly amazing the level of intelligence and physical awareness.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
DR citizens and many others do not get the concept that if you pass by another person, inside or outside, while simply walking, it's a great way to transmit contagion.

People here will walk right by you with zero thought. Nobody steps out of the way to avoid a close by walk by.

Mindless cattle moving about. It's truly amazing the level of intelligence and physical awareness.

Interesting comment Gus, how does that relate to Distance Diagrams?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

That hasn't been my observation. Yes there are some ignorant people that aren't aware but I see most people trying to avoid personal contact and maintain space.

Reactions: Caonabo

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
not what you have in mind, but have you seen the distance calculator that google has?
you could use that and maybe edit a map to fill in the mileage between points of interest....

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
That hasn't been my observation. Yes there are some ignorant people that aren't aware but I see most people trying to avoid personal contact and maintain space.

Same here, but not everywhere. In JUMBO Luperon and SIRENA San Cristobal, folks are definitely making the effort

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
not what you have in mind, but have you seen the distance calculator that google has?
you could use that and maybe edit a map to fill in the mileage between points of interest....

Yessir, I use it almost on a daily basis. And it really comes in handy too.

But for they sake of consistency in my customer quotes I like to use a printed mileage sheet plus it can be read quicker than a grid guide.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Perhaps you can utilize a ferry flight. PM me, and perhaps I can assist you with purchasing your one way ticket to the destination of your choice.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
You'll probably have to make this for yourself.

Nah bro, I already have a few different ones already. I was just curious if anyone had one I haven't seen yet to add to the collection.