Do Dominicans Eat Fried Chicken?

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Forbeca said:
yes, they eat something called morzilla (spelling?) which I believe is the same as blood sausage. I have never had it but I know some dominicans think it's very tasty.
I had morzilla for the first time during my last visit and I thought it was so nasty. All my friends were telling me that it's a delicacy, but I think it was all a conspiracy to make me eat something that I knew was gunna be nasty!!!
Back to the topic, I noticed many more fried chicken places compared to when I visited a few years before. They call it pica pollo which to me describes hot wings, but that's what they called their fried chicken. My friends LOVED when I treated them for pica pollo. They would pick pica pollo over a chimi (chimichuri) any day. *brings back memories*

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Clip...what are you saying?

Ni?a...eso en mi pa?s se llama MORCILLA...and it's DELICIOUS!!! :laugh:

They even make a 'sweet' version...we have that at home almost every weekend when we get together with the family for a real 'parrillada'...

Just like we eat: Chinchulines (intestinos) and Mollejas (some part of the sides of the face of the cow, don't know what it's called in English) and any other part of the cow...we even make 'lengua a la vinagreta'...that's the cow's tongue...hmm, mmm, good!!! :lick:

I love the 'pica pollos' in DR...especially after a long night of dancing!!! :rolleyes:

And the pizza in POP...at the Tiger Mart...Oh, stop this...now I'm hungry and homesick! :ermm:

mami

Mar 16, 2004
mollegas

Musicqueen said:
Ni?a...eso en mi pa?s se llama MORCILLA...and it's DELICIOUS!!! :laugh:

They even make a 'sweet' version...we have that at home almost every weekend when we get together with the family for a real 'parrillada'...

Just like we eat: Chinchulines (intestinos) and Mollejas (some part of the sides of the face of the cow, don't know what it's called in English) and any other part of the cow...we even make 'lengua a la vinagreta'...that's the cow's tongue...hmm, mmm, good!!! :lick:
:ermm:
mollegas are gizzards to us. my sister in law is argentinian i think she calls sweet breads (cow brains) mollegas. they can also mean the thymus gland (pretty gross)

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Its not fried chicken, but al carbon. If you are in Santo Domingo, go to one of the Provocon's around town. The chicken is extremely tasty and the "Wassakaka" sauce they put on it is awesome.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!!

ClippedWing said:
I mean, I know I've seen a few fried chicken restaurants in ZC- I think even a KFC, but would it be uncommon for a family in the DR to fry up some chicken as a regular dish at dinner time in their home?

Or is it like Americans and Chinese food? You know how we'll visit Panda Express and order General Tso's and an egg roll but probably never ever cook it in our homes.

I'm just curious.

Smooches....Clip.
Yes, dominicans eat fried chicken. It was the favorite of my brothers and sisters and we had them all the time at home.