Do I HAVE to use a lawyer to get my Haitian workers their work permit?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
I apologize if this has been asked+answered.... Apparently, my Haitian manager, housekeeper and gardener need some type of new document stating they work for me... Is there an online form I can use or must I use my lawyer?
Gracias, as always, for your help.
Susan

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I apologize if this has been asked+answered.... Apparently, my Haitian manager, housekeeper and gardener need some type of new document stating they work for me... Is there an online form I can use or must I use my lawyer?
Gracias, as always, for your help.
Susan

You can't employ foreigners without residency or work permit other wise you face the risk of a very heavy fine for each illegally employed. I"m assuming they don't have residency or work permits?

Effectively there is an amnesty until mid June for Haitians and all foreigners to get their status regularized but in reality your are breaking the law already it appears.

There are several threads here on regularizing status primarily aimed at Haitians who have been here since before 2012 and this option expires after 16th June.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Assuming that this is for the regularization process, Mr. AE wrote a letter himself for a Haitian who works for us. He included dates of employment, salary, his [my husband's] cedula # [you could use your passport # if you don't have a cedula], full legal name of the Haitian and his passport # and Dominican ID#. The office accepted it.