Do I need a Cedula?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Your choice man but you are not asking to borrow a screwdriver.You are asking for permission to live in a foreign country. Some degree of disclosure is called for don't you think? Would you rent property to someone not prepared to demonstrate that they can afford to?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't want to sound like PICHARDO but as I see DR progressing with the speed of networks. I give them more or less 3-10 years to make things more strict. Of course it doesn't mean a thing until everybody enforce it but I can see them be a little more strict at least on paper and maybe tighten up on departure/arrival for those really extend their stay. If you have option of going legal and have enough money to do so, I guess it will give you peace of mind.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
wow you guys are a tough crowd. I was told by our lawyer, in order to renew our residents and cedula, by the way they expired at different times, almost a year apart though both were received at the same time. We had to submit documentation showing all bank account details in the DR and outside, as will as income, and other very personal information. I see no reason to provided that level of personal information to the DR government. So do I have anything to hide? Not really, just don't want to reveal this level of personal information.
Not true read expat in cabarete thread on renewal and you will find you dont even need a lawyer and all the documents are clearly identified.