Do-it-all faucet water filter?

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Been tried in Haiti with great success. Does any of use have any experience with this system?
Isn't it just active carbon + membrane < 1 micron?

www.ujeta.com

ht_01.jpg

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I couldn't look at that on my kitchen faucet.

I'd rather pay $1000+ for an EcoServe😁

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
+ maintenance + running costs

They confirmed that the ujeta first is just activated carbon + high-tech membrane. The membrane pore size is key I guess.

I started looking for similar ultrafiltration filters, found a few, they seem to be lost in the plethora of filters out there.

They have some with backwash valve which helps clean the membrane and extend lifetime of filter.

Will update with more findings...

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
+ maintenance + running costs

They confirmed that the ujeta first is just activated carbon + high-tech membrane. The membrane pore size is key I guess.

I started looking for similar ultrafiltration filters, found a few, they seem to be lost in the plethora of filters out there.

They have some with backwash valve which helps clean the membrane and extend lifetime of filter.

Will update with more findings...
It will also depend alot on the quality of your water going in which of course is a dice roll. When I cleaned out my 4 filters on my old system the first one usually had a shrimp or 2 in it and the water was brown brown brown dirty with silt and vegetative matter and worse after rains.

Regardless, with an EvoServe system including UV light no way I drink the water after I had seen what it does to super low micron carbon filters.

I have an under sink Ecoserve now we do use for ice cubes and washing vegetables. Our water coming in is usually very clear as well even though it all contains bacteria.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Do yourself a favor and research the Big Berkey. They are favored by preppers, that should tell you something right there. It's a counter top gravity system that removes 99.9999% of pathogens and viruses. Unless you're going to spend a few thousand dollars for an inline system, a Big Berkey is the best you'll find.

Seriously, how many gallons do you think that dinky little faucet thing will purify? You get what you pay for.

Reactions: GusFring

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We have not had city water for years. Had a well drilled and being near the ocean the water was very bad. Bought an iSpring 500 gpd RO system and then 2 more to treat well wayee and keep our cistern filled. Some maintenance but not that hard or expensive. Been running them 10 hours a day during dry summer/drought months for over 5 years. Parts/filters no problem and can find filters at better prices on Amazon. We stopped using the above mentioned company for fiter and UV due to very expensive and can get replace filters and UV lamp at fraction of cost.

iSpring. 123filter.com

Reactions: GusFring

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Do yourself a favor and research the Big Berkey. They are favored by preppers, that should tell you something right there. It's a counter top gravity system that removes 99.9999% of pathogens and viruses. Unless you're going to spend a few thousand dollars for an inline system, a Big Berkey is the best you'll find.

Seriously, how many gallons do you think that dinky little faucet thing will purify? You get what you pay for.
I brought a Berkey down the last time I came from the states,worth it's weight in gold. I was getting sick constantly from the water in botelons and now I put tap water through the Berkey and haven't gotten sick once in over a year.

Reactions: ctrob

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We have been here over 20 years. 1 promise I made to my wife was clean, potable water from every indoor faucet and water using item. 20 plus years and have kept that promise.

WHOLE house is treated water. Sinks, shower, laundry, ice makers, toilets, pool fill.
NEVER...NEVER have we had a water related illness or problem. Never.