Do-it-Yourself Permanent Residency Renewal Procedure

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Similar situation to yours... mine is
Just missed the ‘definitiva ‘...
Lucked into the citizenship application....passed

Waiting to be declared.... decreed

Good for you Mr. Webster!! Well done!! I have to look n see if there is a "DIY DR Citizenship" thread here. I understand its not that difficult the and cost is around the same as Perm Renewal. Congrats.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good for you Mr. Webster!! Well done!! I have to look n see if there is a "DIY DR Citizenship" thread here. I understand its not that difficult the and cost is around the same as Perm Renewal. Congrats.

Cost is about the same ---
With one exception--------

It's the last payment and last trip to Sto Dom you will ever make

If you're interested.. I'll pass on my lawyer....

PS
the on;ly trick was - everything here said it was multiple choice
So I studied for 'recognition' not ' recitation'

1/2 the questions were multiple choice
the other 1/2 you had to scribble down from memory...ugh!

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
What's the "Carta de solicitud" (Carta de solicitudde laRenovación de la Residencia Temporal dirigida a la DGM Original y dos (2)) that mut be uploaded on the DGM website for the temporary residency renewal ?? Whee can I got it ? Any model ? An idea ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Cost is about the same ---
With one exception--------

It's the last payment and last trip to Sto Dom you will ever make

If you're interested.. I'll pass on my lawyer....

PS
the on;ly trick was - everything here said it was multiple choice
So I studied for 'recognition' not ' recitation'

1/2 the questions were multiple choice
the other 1/2 you had to scribble down from memory...ugh!

Now you will have to file a special form with the Social Security Administration (every year) alerting them to the fact you are a dual citizen, as well as a bunch more questions and if not filed in time, they will withhold your SS monthly checks - should you be collecting them. Of course they will pay you the withheld amounts once you get back in good graces and deal with the Social Security office in Santo Domingo....in Spanish

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
What's the "Carta de solicitud" (Carta de solicitudde laRenovación de la Residencia Temporal dirigida a la DGM Original y dos (2)) that mut be uploaded on the DGM website for the temporary residency renewal ?? Whee can I got it ? Any model ? An idea ?

Its just a letter basically, askimg for your residency to renewed.

There is a model floating around in one of the multiple residency threads...... no idea how to find it though.

This time around, i just did,
date, place
name, cedula number/I], address
And filled up the blanks with " pretty please can you renew my residency " " thank you very much ", etc......

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Chico
I am not an American... but - Yes - they send me money

Imagine 3 monkeys...one each covering their eyes. ears and mouth
That's what I look like

I get both Cdn & US checks from my contributions to the system(s)

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Ok...it's almost time to renew "Residencia Permanent (RP-1)". A few questions -

Anyone renew it lately?
When did you start the process?
How much did it cost?

Thanks!

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Ok...it's almost time to renew "Residencia Permanent (RP-1)". A few questions -

Anyone renew it lately?
When did you start the process?
How much did it cost?

Thanks!
Just finished today - Started online 45 days before expiration (you CANNOT start sooner). You submit your application online, then when prompted you submit a copy of Passport, Cedula, Residency card, and a non penal document, these must be submitted in JPEG format or they will be refused. You will then be prompted to pay 16,600 RD$ for the renewal and they give you a three (3) day window for the required medical exams, (the lab/clinic send the results to immigration). NOTE that if you do not take the medical exam within the 3 day time period you will have to pay the 16,600 RD$ again. You will then be prompted to choose an appointment at Migracion, you go, do the bio-metrics and photos and your done. I believe in Santo Domingo you receive your new card within minutes. I did the whole process in Bavaro/Punta Cana but they do not have the machine to spit out the cards so you need to return in 1 week to pick up your new card.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Just finished today - Started online 45 days before expiration (you CANNOT start sooner). You submit your application online, then when prompted you submit a copy of Passport, Cedula, Residency card, and a non penal document, these must be submitted in JPEG format or they will be refused. You will then be prompted to pay 16,600 RD$ for the renewal and they give you a three (3) day window for the required medical exams, (the lab/clinic send the results to immigration). NOTE that if you do not take the medical exam within the 3 day time period you will have to pay the 16,600 RD$ again. You will then be prompted to choose an appointment at Migracion, you go, do the bio-metrics and photos and your done. I believe in Santo Domingo you receive your new card within minutes. I did the whole process in Bavaro/Punta Cana but they do not have the machine to spit out the cards so you need to return in 1 week to pick up your new card
Can the appointment be scheduled in Puerto Plata?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Can the appointment be scheduled in Puerto Plata?
Yes, Go here --> https://personal.migracion.gob.do/Home/Index and create an account, choose the option Puerto Plata in the drop down menu and they tell you how to proceed. The whole process takes several weeks, keep logging back in to your acct and you will be prompted to take certain actions such as "Upload doc's" "Pay now", go for your medical etc which are all steps towards renewal.
It's very easy...

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Just finished today - Started online 45 days before expiration (you CANNOT start sooner). You submit your application online, then when prompted you submit a copy of Passport, Cedula, Residency card, and a non penal document, these must be submitted in JPEG format or they will be refused. You will then be prompted to pay 16,600 RD$ for the renewal and they give you a three (3) day window for the required medical exams, (the lab/clinic send the results to immigration). NOTE that if you do not take the medical exam within the 3 day time period you will have to pay the 16,600 RD$ again. You will then be prompted to choose an appointment at Migracion, you go, do the bio-metrics and photos and your done. I believe in Santo Domingo you receive your new card within minutes. I did the whole process in Bavaro/Punta Cana but they do not have the machine to spit out the cards so you need to return in 1 week to pick up your new card.
Did you have to give any paper copies of the documents uploaded on line? How long did it take from your 45 days start online?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Did you have to give any paper copies of the documents uploaded on line? How long did it take from your 45 days start online?
"Yes" on paper copies, two complete folders for good measure - passport, residency, cedula ,non penal, (note that passport must have 18 months validity)
Timeline was LONG - 10 weeks, but a minimum 2+ weeks of that was the fault of Referencia Lab misplacing my results, the kind folks at Migracion dealt with that issue. The Punta Cana/Bavaro office is a dream compared to the mess you find at Migracion in the Capital, JCE Bavaro for cedula renewal, same thing, in & out in less than ten minutes.