Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
At least we got to pay the overstay fees, a few even thought they was legal Windy:cool:

E.Russ

Jul 16, 2020
bahamas
For a temporary residency renewal? Must be new(?). I just renewed mine 2 months ago and that wasn't requested.
Sorry for first time. maybe i should ask on another thread. Im not married to a dominican or have a dominican child. I was curious under this clause what else be considered a tie as it does not say

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Sorry for first time. maybe i should ask on another thread. Im not married to a dominican or have a dominican child. I was curious under this clause what else be considered a tie as it does not say
Maybe you need to pay an lawyer to get that information ?

I were in a similar situation, and tried to contact the embassy in Sweden to file for residency from my home country
(DR does not have an presentation in Norway)

They did not answer my requests....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I agree that using a lawyer may be best for a first application, in order to avoid frustrating mistakes. After the expense of doing so the first year it is pretty easy to renew it yourself after that.

Reactions: aarhus and E.Russ

E.Russ

Jul 16, 2020
bahamas
Sorry, no idea(?). You're profile says you're from the Bahamas. Why not try calling the consulate in Miami(or one of several others in the US) and ask them?
I will try that because the honorary consul we have here told me to google it. I've heard Miami is no longer where the files are sent but Jamaica. I will call them but the issue is that what they say and what DR says is never the same. I will call DR directly too. Thanks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Renewal..... DIY
This report says that tghe DGM and Cedula offices were very efficient recently.

The cedula office usually is - but DGM ???
I wonder what credit goes to the new team in office ??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final installment of our renewal: Success! It was very straightforward at Migration. Info kiosk for a badge to enter the lobby, they found us with a ticket when the computer spit it out at our appointment time. Up to the window when called, and hand them copies of EVERYTHING we submitted, and then some. We weren't taking a chance that we missed something, so they got copies of it all. Into the office for pictures and finger prints, then to the window and submit our payment receipts for online payment previous to booking the appointment, and then the card is issued to us minutes later. We arrived 35 minutes early, waited until our exact appointment time, and were called up to start the process. In total, about 25 minutes. Really really good, as far as I'm concerned. The cedula office was even faster, 20 minutes in and out. The Governments computer system is on Turbo, it seems.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Renewal..... DIY
This report says that tghe DGM and Cedula offices were very efficient recently.

The cedula office usually is - but DGM ???
I wonder what credit goes to the new team in office ??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final installment of our renewal: Success! It was very straightforward at Migration. Info kiosk for a badge to enter the lobby, they found us with a ticket when the computer spit it out at our appointment time. Up to the window when called, and hand them copies of EVERYTHING we submitted, and then some. We weren't taking a chance that we missed something, so they got copies of it all. Into the office for pictures and finger prints, then to the window and submit our payment receipts for online payment previous to booking the appointment, and then the card is issued to us minutes later. We arrived 35 minutes early, waited until our exact appointment time, and were called up to start the process. In total, about 25 minutes. Really really good, as far as I'm concerned. The cedula office was even faster, 20 minutes in and out. The Governments computer system is on Turbo, it seems.
My last experience there was similar, except that when I arrived early I didn't wait and it was just as quick.

interim888

Oct 2, 2019
I failed to find it with the search option but after uploading all your documents for the temporary residence renewal did anyone get the button which said "SELECCIONAR METODO DE PAGO" what is to chose here? Please help if anyone knows what it means (not translation).

yeptruthhurts

Feb 10, 2021
Just jumped to the end of this thread to say that the temporary residency renewal is easy..I have done it twice so far,
Everything is online including payment..you can opt to pay at banreservas too... Even the "extranjeros insurance policy" was a flash.
I got digital copies of everything and sent them in.. 2 weeks later received an appointment and it took me about 30min and I had it in my hands.

i went to DGM on the george washington ave.

ps. I just uploaded resized photos of myself i took with my cellphone on a white wall for the passport sized photos they ask for...they dont even use it... the photos they use for the card, they shoot right there with a camera where you sit.

Reactions: cavok

yeptruthhurts

Feb 10, 2021
Now, during my 2nd renewal.. my cedula sas set to expire at the same time as my residency...

In fact I went to renew my cedula in march and it was set to expire in december (not a full year). Anyway, the same day i got my residency I took an uber to the cedula place and was there another 40min or less and got my new cedula... the payment was cash.. dont remember if they took credit cards..

yeptruthhurts

Feb 10, 2021
My question is if I am married here, do need the temporary residency or can I jump to permanent residency? anyway already have the temp one (from the plan de regularizacion de extranjeros).

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Just jumped to the end of this thread to say that the temporary residency renewal is easy..I have done it twice so far,
Everything is online including payment..you can opt to pay at banreservas too... Even the "extranjeros insurance policy" was a flash.
I got digital copies of everything and sent them in.. 2 weeks later received an appointment and it took me about 30min and I had it in my hands.

i went to DGM on the george washington ave.

ps. I just uploaded resized photos of myself i took with my cellphone on a white wall for the passport sized photos they ask for...they dont even use it... the photos they use for the card, they shoot right there with a camera where you sit.
You got the insurance certificate online? How did you get that? Thanks.