Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
I am trying to start my renewal for temporary residency and the website is not working for me. when i go to applications and click on renewal of temporary residency nothing happens. the link is not working for me. Can anybody help?

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
I am trying to start my renewal for temporary residency and the website is not working for me. when i go to applications and click on renewal of temporary residency nothing happens. the link is not working for me. Can anybody help?
Nevermind.....i got it to work. Thanks

e_bro

Jul 21, 2017
I had asked what current processing time is, so thought I would post my timeliness.

June 2nd - submitted and in evaluation

June 16th, - in process

June 17th, - approved. Appointment on June 29th.

I selected to pay at immigration instead of online. Appointment was created instantly.

Reactions: Michael DR

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I had asked what current processing time is, so thought I would post my timeliness.

June 2nd - submitted and in evaluation

June 16th, - in process

June 17th, - approved. Appointment on June 29th.

I selected to pay at immigration instead of online. Appointment was created instantly.
You paid at Migracion in Santo Domingo, or in one of the "substations"? If that's an option for those of us in Puerto Plata or other places, that's great!

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
My timeline:

June 29th - submitted and in evaluation

July 12th, - in process

July 15th, - approved. Appointment on July 21st

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Renewed my temporary residency yesterday. Took about 50 minutes to get through with the fotos and finger print scan and then I sat there for two hours waiting for the residency card, so 2:50 total at DGM. After about an hour and forty five minutes when there wasn't many of us left to get the card, they finally put another gal at one of the windows to call names and hand out the cards. Caught a break at JCE and had my cedula in less than 15 minutes.

From what I could see, they're either not giving afternoon appointments, or everyone is showing up early and being let in. I saw very few people coming in after about 11am. The place was packed when I got there(every other seat occupied for distancing). The only documents were the payment receipt and one copy each of my passport, cedula, and residency card - same as last year.

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
I just received an email reaffirming my appointment but it says locality is puerto plata. Nothing is being done in puerto plata is there. I still go to Santo domingo right?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Renewed my temporary residency yesterday. Took about 50 minutes to get through with the fotos and finger print scan and then I sat there for two hours waiting for the residency card, so 2:50 total at DGM. After about an hour and forty five minutes when there wasn't many of us left to get the card, they finally put another gal at one of the windows to call names and hand out the cards. Caught a break at JCE and had my cedula in less than 15 minutes.

From what I could see, they're either not giving afternoon appointments, or everyone is showing up early and being let in. I saw very few people coming in after about 11am. The place was packed when I got there(every other seat occupied for distancing). The only documents were the payment receipt and one copy each of my passport, cedula, and residency card - same as last year.
You meant 4 days ago in Santo Domingo's main Migracion office on the Malecon, correct?

Did you notice a lot of Chinese people there getting residency?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You meant 4 days ago in Santo Domingo's main Migracion office on the Malecon, correct?

Did you notice a lot of Chinese people there getting residency?
Yes, DGM in Santo Domingo. Unfortunately, that's still the only place you can renew your residency and get a new cedula.

I did see some Chinese there, but I wouldn't say many.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
im on website to get appointment to renew but cant figure out how to upload stuff thats needed. Can anyone help please?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am also looking at renewing for four more years recidencia soon. It expired some months ago. Until now I reset my password on my account with them. An employee had helped me when I renewed last in 2017. I don’t have that help anymore and hoping to do it all myself. I actually did it myself eight years ago. Before that used a lawyer. I also reset the email on my account and I didn’t know which had been used last. For now I did the recovery of my account with DGM on my Iphone and called them and they where very helpful. Next is providing the documents. And I am thinking only hard work is getting the police report and doing the medical.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Do you mean scan it and save it? because on the web page there is a thing that says carry
Carry(???). Most printer programs will default scan and save as a PDF file. That won't work,. You should be able to select scan and save as a .jpg file though.

interim888

Oct 2, 2019
At what step of the renewal process do you have to present your vaccination certificate. Does it required to be uploaded online while uploading the needed documents? Or you only asked for it when you go to the DGM?

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Excuse me / Perdon, is there a thread for DOING PERMANENT RESIDENCY RENEWAL YOURSELF ?

searched back to 2019, but its only about temporary, changing to permanent, or pensions

otherwise will read this whole thread, its probably similar process, maybe less requirements
(my permanent status specifically need photo and 6 months of bank statements showing $2,000/mo)

I'd like to try to do it myself when it comes up again in 2 years, and save the $1,500 attorney fee. no risk, as it doesn't expire (not living full time in DR), just pay late penalty.

gracias