Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Can someone please tell me what is on the corner where you turn off of Av. Gregorio Luperon to the JCE? The last time I went, it was a car dealer of some sort, I think. If it's still a car dealer, can someone tell me the name? I'm trying to explain to a friend where it is, and knowing what's on the corner makes it much easier! Thanks!

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Can someone please tell me what is on the corner where you turn off of Av. Gregorio Luperon to the JCE? The last time I went, it was a car dealer of some sort, I think. If it's still a car dealer, can someone tell me the name? I'm trying to explain to a friend where it is, and knowing what's on the corner makes it much easier! Thanks!
I have not been there lately but Google maps shows next to Magna Motor (Hyundai).

Reactions: JLSawmam

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Plaza de pas Banderas is an easier land mark, dare I say.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Plaza de pas Banderas is an easier land mark, dare I say.
Not really.....there is a JCE close to that Plaza, but it's not the right one! The very first time I went, guess what? The taxi dropped me there and I didn't know it was the wrong one.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Are you asking about the one for Foreigners.... not the main bldg

It's right there on the map -
look at Magna and go 2 markers down....same side of road
Extranjeria

1623510947770.png

Reactions: JLSawmam

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ad blocker in place for me....thx
Me too. You'll find some ads still get through adblockers. Brave catches them all, and no browsing history either (if you like to look at NatGeo pictures).

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For anyone living on the North Coast (Puerto Plata - Cabarete area) who has recently renewed Temporary Residency, what did you do about the repatriation insurance? As has been stated previously, the Patria Office in Puerto Plata is no longer doing it (I believe) and the only company that now does it has offices in Moca and probably Santiago. Did you have to go to one of those offices to do obtain the certificate or is there some easier way?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Who knows what DGM is doing this year, but last year they didn't even request the original. If that's still the case, the company can email you the policy - same as Patria always did.

Reactions: drstock

e_bro

Jul 21, 2017
For anyone living on the North Coast (Puerto Plata - Cabarete area) who has recently renewed Temporary Residency, what did you do about the repatriation insurance? As has been stated previously, the Patria Office in Puerto Plata is no longer doing it (I believe) and the only company that now does it has offices in Moca and probably Santiago. Did you have to go to one of those offices to do obtain the certificate or is there some easier way?
I used https://dominicanadeseguros.com/site/domigrex/ filled out the forms on-line and paid via deposit into thier bank account. You can also use credit card. Once they had proof of payment, they emailed me the policy.

Does anyone know the current processing time for renewal? My application in still in evaluation.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I used https://dominicanadeseguros.com/site/domigrex/ filled out the forms on-line and paid via deposit into thier bank account. You can also use credit card. Once they had proof of payment, they emailed me the policy.

Does anyone know the current processing time for renewal? My application in still in evaluation.
Looks easy enough to do online, but once you fill out the initial form, do you get the opportunity to set up a userid? What happens if you need to exit and return? Also, how much did you need to pay? Thanks!

e_bro

Jul 21, 2017
Looks easy enough to do online, but once you fill out the initial form, do you get the opportunity to set up a userid? What happens if you need to exit and return? Also, how much did you need to pay? Thanks!
I did not create an ID... everything done through email. $115 USD