Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
yeah, 9 or 10.
When I was here in July, they looked carefully at my appointment time before letting me in. I saw some people not being let in I'm assuming because they were too early for their appointment.

They ask for very few copies anymore. I think one copy each of my passport, cedula, and residency card was it.

Reactions: malko

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Check your file regularly to see when it is approved and then select a date.
Actually, once approved, you'll be asked to confirm a date/time that they give you. If you don't like the date/time, request another one. There's no penalty for that. Unless there's a recent change, you cannot select a specific date and time of your choosing.

Paxter

Apr 27, 2022
Dominican republic
Actually, once approved, you'll be asked to confirm a date/time that they give you. If you don't like the date/time, request another one. There's no penalty for that. Unless there's a recent change, you cannot select a specific date and time of your choosing.

does anyone know why social security admin is not excepting calls from DR?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
did that and oig did you get through?
Yes, using my cell from Claro, post paid plan.....................Should also work from a landline. It is the same as dialing from the US............

Paxter

Apr 27, 2022
Dominican republic
Yes, using my cell from Claro, post paid plan.....................Should also work from a landline. It is the same as dialing from the US............
Thanks I wish it were the same. I have claro land line and cell post pago. Bob gave me info that might help. ill get on it tomorrow. Thank you all very much :)

Paxter

Apr 27, 2022
Dominican republic
Will they notify me if its not approved? Been waiting 16 days. Still in evaluation. if not approved i guess i go home?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Will they notify me if its not approved? Been waiting 16 days. Still in evaluation. if not approved i guess i go home?
If you don't have to go home in any hurry, just keep waiting a while. If you do have to go home (which I assume is not in the DR), you can try to tell them and then resume the process next time you are here. A friend of mine did this and although he had to pay a small fine for late renewal it all went through eventually without a hitch.

Reactions: Paxter

Paxter

Apr 27, 2022
Dominican republic
If you don't have to go home in any hurry, just keep waiting a while. If you do have to go home (which I assume is not in the DR), you can try to tell them and then resume the process next time you are here. A friend of mine did this and although he had to pay a small fine for late renewal it all went through eventually without a hitch.
police letter only good for 30 days. guess ill wait...or just go to dgm?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
police letter only good for 30 days. guess ill wait...or just go to dgm?

You have to upload the " police letter " during the 30 day period.

I wouldnt start worrying yet, I renewed in december and the time frame from upload to " acceptance", ie when you get a date to go to DGM was around 3 weeks, give or take.