Do the dominicans always scr.w the gringos. Answer is definitely no

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
When I first got here 7 Years ago, my DR girlfriend let me use her car, made a left turn from 27 to Carmen Mendoza in SD..Oops, sure enough a cop was behind me..Didn't think about it too much, saw a stop sign but slowly went passed it like everyone else does. Came up on another, just slowed it down and kept going, was hoping that the cop would think I'm Dominican right? came up on the last stop sign, zoooom, right past it but I slowed down..Well well, he hit his lights, pulled me over..SIGH!! He came over to me, asked for my papers etc, and he spoke English to me..Cool!! He said, do you know why I stopped you Sir? I said no idea...He said, you didn't stop for any of those stop signs..I said yes, but I slowed down, what's the difference??!! with an attitude..He said, Sir, step out of the car..To myself, I said..I have no money..As I got out, he started to hit me with his bully club!!! As he was hitting me, he asked, do you want me to stop or just slow down??? Since then and after my 6 Months stay at the local Hospital, I always stop at every corner now although I have this terrible twitch in my head...

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
here! here!

too friendly...the Taino indians (if there were any left) could attest to that.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
LOL..part is true..I was pulled over for making a left onto Carmen Mendoza, you can't there is a sign there and I did see it...I got stopped and was given a ticket..The other part was a joke that I heard many Years ago, thought I would add that into my story, hope you enjoyed it...

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
When I first got here 7 Years ago, my DR girlfriend let me use her car, made a left turn from 27 to Carmen Mendoza in SD..Oops, sure enough a cop was behind me..Didn't think about it too much, saw a stop sign but slowly went passed it like everyone else does. Came up on another, just slowed it down and kept going, was hoping that the cop would think I'm Dominican right? came up on the last stop sign, zoooom, right past it but I slowed down..Well well, he hit his lights, pulled me over..SIGH!! He came over to me, asked for my papers etc, and he spoke English to me..Cool!! He said, do you know why I stopped you Sir? I said no idea...He said, you didn't stop for any of those stop signs..I said yes, but I slowed down, what's the difference??!! with an attitude..He said, Sir, step out of the car..To myself, I said..I have no money..As I got out, he started to hit me with his bully club!!! As he was hitting me, he asked, do you want me to stop or just slow down??? Since then and after my 6 Months stay at the local Hospital, I always stop at every corner now although I have this terrible twitch in my head...

Sober up,

The minute you said "I have no money"

I would have hit you also....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Couple of months ago in campo I m spading earth from a small parcel of land like 100 m up from my house along the road( good black earth needed for my garden beds). Ive done like 10 ups and downs with mywheelbarrow, by that time the working girls from cabaret are up and are drinking coffee under a tree commenting on my dirty and sweaty body.... 2 of the guys ( their chulos) walk over and hand me a presidente. Take a break they say, I m kind of suspicious but they reassure me. " just waiting for the guy with the keys to come along to open bar". In the end they ended up filling like 5 wheelbarrows worth of earth for me, patted me on the back gave the usal "cuida te y vya con Dios", and off they went........
A free beer and some much needed help!!!!!! I didnt even know them since they were from a near by campo. I made my day.

Conclusion, all around the world there are good people and bad people. (Yes even here in the dr and even with "gringos").
PS: if locals around the place u live still call u gringo after a couple of weeks, than u have an issue......