Do You Agree with What Some Detractors Say About Abinader's Accomplishments? Should They Give Him full credit for the country's progress?

Dominican Republic`s Abinader looks set for first-round election win​

By Dave Sherwood
May 17, 20247:08 AM EDT Updated 12 hours ago

REUTERS

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-17 at 7.41.22 PM.jpeg

Do You Agree with What Some Detractors Say About Abinader's Accomplishments? Should They Give Him full credit for the country's progress?

Dominican Republic`s Abinader looks set for first-round election win​

By Dave Sherwood
May 17, 20247:08 AM EDT Updated 12 hours ago

REUTERS

"Despite these accomplishments, detractors say Abinader, whose declared net worth of $76 million make him one of Latin America's richest presidents, must work to assure the country's wealth trickles down to the poor, said Geovanny Vicente-Romero, a Washington D.C.-based Dominican political strategist."

"Wealth redistribution and inequality ... need to be addressed to tackle the general perception that he is leading a 'Popi' government, with most of its members being whites coming from middle-class and well-off families," he said.

"Popi" is the term in the Dominican Republic for the wealthy, while "Wawawa" is used for the poor.
Read the entire article here: https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/dominican-republics-abinader-looks-set-first-round-election-win-2024-05-17/
Spanish: https://www.vozdeamerica.com/a/presidente-abinader-parece-encaminado-a-una-victoria-en-primera-vuelta-en-republica-dominicana/7616235.html

P.S: Needless to say that I am just the person referencing these claims from Abinader's detractors.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
The entire article is more interesting than just this quote of a quote of other quotes.

I will quote a renowned media psychologist: “When someone’s main contribution to a channel is quoting passages from other media that contain his/her/its name there will be a suspicion of namedropping and narcism”.

Btw I hope Abinader gets another four years.