Do you think the heavy handed moderation on this board and particulary this North Coast section is stifiling participation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A post by CC, those were the days..lol. He is truly missed . Back on topic.. as posters we have to look at ourselves and what we are contributing. No one wants to read the same personal attacks/insults everyday. Many of us have aged but a lot of our advice is still relevant today. The name DR1 IMO is clear, it is about the Dominican Republic not anywhere else. Sure outside issues sometimes cloud that but it is still a forum about the Dominican Republic, where we chose to live and/or visit.
The DR is an island true but far from being independent of what happens outside it. Much of which is off limits.

I remember starting the first DR Covid (before it was called Covid) thread when it was first in the news in China.

I asked is the DR prepared. At first it was just a handful people who were wondering, as I, how it would affect the DR. This was pre-masks, pre-lockdown.
It was allowed to stay up because people saw it's potential to maybe come here.

But in today's DR1 environment it probably would have been immediately taken down as "not DR relevant".

I started a thread a few days ago on a huge bankruptcy in China (Evergrande) which is over 5 times the size of the Lehman Brothers collapse and how it could it affect the world economy. It was taken down as not relavent to DR.

Well now Google it and see that many think it could trigger a worldwide economic collapse. Look at the Heng Seng's radical drop. Yes these things which start in China can come here and we should be allowed to discuss their possible effects yes on the DR which is part of the world economy and closely linked with China and is certainly relavent to DR.

But I get it - some people want to keep discussing only things which occur inside the island bubble.

I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been closed.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If the Mods want to be fair they also need to remove the moat from their own eye.
There is one moderator who consistently berates posters and use very inflammatory rhetoric to insinuate they are stupid.
And most all of us know of whom I speak..................

Status
Not open for further replies.