Does anyone here have a car for sale?

charlenherv

Jan 1, 2023
San Cristobal
Hi, I am new to posting on this site, but I've been checking here for a couple of years. I was wondering if there is a thread or active classifieds for people selling their cars or if any of you have anything. I am looking for an reasonably-priced car from someone trustworthy.

Brief background if it matters:
I'm married to a Dominican woman, and I am not yet a resident. However, we do come here at least 4-6 months out of the year. We live in the San Cristobal area. I've been driving here for about 3 years, so I'm pretty seasoned to how the roads are.

Any help would be appreciated.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hi, I am new to posting on this site, but I've been checking here for a couple of years. I was wondering if there is a thread or active classifieds for people selling their cars or if any of you have anything. I am looking for an reasonably-priced car from someone trustworthy.

I'm married to a Dominican woman, and I am not yet a resident. However, we do come here at least 4-6 months out of the year. We live in the San Cristobal area. I've been driving here for about 3 years, so I'm pretty seasoned to how the roads are.

Looking for anything specific?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What kind of car? 4 door economy or jeepeta?
Might be selling a Hyundai Elantra soon. Excellent condition with new tires.

Jan 9, 2004
Almost always better buying from a known source as opposed to an unknown source (dealer that has no idea as to how well or not so well it was taken care of).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

charlenherv

Jan 1, 2023
San Cristobal
My bad, I meant to update this a couple months ago.

I found an old 2006 Chevy Equinox with about 100K miles for around $4,800. I had a few issues, but it's perfect for my needs. I have enjoyed working on and improving it's performance and making it prettier these past 2 months.

I found it on Corotos (website suggested by Mike Logan on a FB post) for sale by a private sole owner in a wealthy area of Santo Domingo. Took my wife and a family friend to look at it with me. We had our lawyer write up the contract and we wired the money to the seller's bank account (he had an account in Miami).

When I bought it: Currently:
Thanks for all of your help here and in PMs.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

listen make sure you put the car in your name because if your relationship goes sideways she will keep the car if you are okay with this just disregard my message