Dog rescued and getting help from dr bob

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
Tonight on our way home from town we witnessed a guy dragging a chow down the road on the back of a moto,,,YES i mean dragging, the pood dog wasnt running,,,, as any animal lover would we slammed on the brakes and sounded the horn , the guy stoped, we went over to look and the poor dog was alive and breathing, upon our interest the guy insisted we take him,,,,,,which we did,i lifted him onto our truck and we took him to Dr Bob who treated him and said in a week or so he will be fine,,,,unfortunately we have dogs so we cant take him in but Bob said hes a young dog and should fully recover, i intend to pop in and see how hes doing on a regular basis,,,,,so if anyone can either offer him a home or help with the medical bills please pm me,,,,,,,,we have paid for some medication but the money isnt the issue we cannot see cruelty on this level and just drive away,,,my wife an I felt physicaly sick at what we saw,,,,i must admit i felt like tying the guy to my truck and draging him down the road especialy when he asked for money for gasoline, ,,,,,,,,as you can immagine he was told to go away, or words to that effect without any diplomacy whatsoever,,,,
so if any animal lover can help please PM me or contact Dr Bob

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
First let me thank you for having the courage to stop and do something!!! It is all to often a situation occurs where the helpers become at risk.
It has and likely will always be one of the things that angers me the most when such cruelty is evidenced. It will probably be the issue that puts me in the middle of something.
I was over at Dr. Bob's earlier this week visiting another dog, that an owner wanted to put down, because of some skin issues that had not been attended to which of course created other problems. Dr. Bob is treating this furbaby, and I am hopeful his owner does not come back to claim him.
We also have dogs, and money not being the issue either, but space and what is best for this particular dog. Will try to pop over early next week and have a visit and chat.
Pictures are always good, and each of us telling whoever we know because you never know who will be the one to step up for this one.
Again, thank you both so much for helping one of the ones who cannot help themselves.
My respect and appreciation.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
You should have ran the guy over!!!! tom

Tonight on our way home from town we witnessed a guy dragging a chow down the road on the back of a moto,,,YES i mean dragging, the pood dog wasnt running,,,, as any animal lover would we slammed on the brakes and sounded the horn , the guy stoped, we went over to look and the poor dog was alive and breathing, upon our interest the guy insisted we take him,,,,,,which we did,i lifted him onto our truck and we took him to Dr Bob who treated him and said in a week or so he will be fine,,,,unfortunately we have dogs so we cant take him in but Bob said hes a young dog and should fully recover, i intend to pop in and see how hes doing on a regular basis,,,,,so if anyone can either offer him a home or help with the medical bills please pm me,,,,,,,,we have paid for some medication but the money isnt the issue we cannot see cruelty on this level and just drive away,,,my wife an I felt physicaly sick at what we saw,,,,i must admit i felt like tying the guy to my truck and draging him down the road especialy when he asked for money for gasoline, ,,,,,,,,as you can immagine he was told to go away, or words to that effect without any diplomacy whatsoever,,,,

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Having a beautiful Chow ourselves, adorable dogs and so funny with their antics. Thank you thank you for rescuing this poor dog from a living hell. OMG I really don't know if I would have been responsible for my actions, I know dangers and all :(

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Well done buddy! We were talking last night after you called in and told us what happened and we would like to go halves on the vet bill.
They say all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing, well last night a good man and his wife did something and evil didn't prevail, at least for this poor little dog! Respect!

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
DOGGY UPDATE,,,i have visited him today hes all washed and cleaned, he has had some medication and he has a pretty big infected wound on the side of his face which dr bobs helper says it looks like a dog bite,,,,,i asked to stroke him and when i did he was wagging his tail, maybe he remembered who picked him up and helped him,,,who knows,,,,hopefully someone will give him a home soon,,,,dr bob is going to clean his wound when he is a bit stronger and had chance to recover a bit,,,ill try to get a pik of him next time we go see him,

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Kudos to you for stopping to help this poor dog. It always breaks my heart to hear of such cruelty towards any animal.

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013

Good work, thank you

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please send a picture to my email...Just click on my user name....

I don't really like chows, but if he has a good disposition, they are good dogs to have around.

Thank you.

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is Judy still around near Dr. Bob's office. She does a lot of good for dogs such as this one.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
ive just got back from visiting the dog again hes making realy good progres,,, i gave bob a bit more cash so he can carry on feeding him and giving him medication, he realy friendly and when hes on a lead he doesent bark at passing dogs, the other day when i was there a cat came and sat beside him too, he never bothered a bit he actualy there and just sniffed it,,,,,he appears to be very good with other animals and hes realy friendly with people too,,,,,its a shame that some people wanted rid of him
,im not having any sucess adding a pik so hopefuly ill add one soon,,and id like to say thanks for all the words of support and pm,s i have had....ps,.we are still looking for a loving home for him.