Dollar goes below 30 pesos

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ebonyjeff said:
Escott, I took offense to you using the words claim and bumflick. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive. I would never have responded to my post the way you dd. If someone states they are a elite flyer I believe them unless I have information to the contrary. If someone states flights are more expensive from there part of the country I believe them until I know what part of the country they are referencing. From my perspective in using "claim" you were calling me a liar and in using "bubflick" saying I was from the sticks and therefore did not know what I was talking about. If you reread my post I spoke specifically to "my part of the country". I did not claim to have information on anywhere else other than my reference to the JFK to POP route which I know has dropped in price since Jet Blue entered the picture. I have not doubt that flight prices have dropped out of JFK. For Miami I'm a little bit more skeptical. Outside of the occassional short stay special prices seem to be ridiculus. I priced the same trip on AA.com leaving JFK and MIA to POP. The JFK flight was $375 the MIA flight $575.

When I made my original post I had not intention of offending anyone or getting into a flame war. I simply wanted to state my opinion in the same manner I see numerous others doing on this site.

You have a good buddy in ustelephone. He backs you at the expense of logic and fair play. Based on that alone I have to believe you are a good guy. I'm sorry our intitial interaction has gone the way it has.
Anyone can come onto a message board and make statements that are either true or not true. Until I get to know someone better it is just a "Claim". I didn't call you a liar nor say I didn't believe you. I just said I probably travel as much or more than you claim to travel which should put us on the same level of expertise in your book or you wouldnt have mentioned "ELITE" to begin with. That was the only reason I mentioned how much I have flown.

On the internet Boys are men, Men are gals and you can be rich and famous or what ever you want to be. This is because there is no way to check.

There are only 3 AA points of entry to the DR. NY, Florida and Puerto Rico. If you are coming from someplace other than that you are in Bumfluck. If you weren't in Bumfluck you would have direct flights. This wasn't meant to be something personal about Los Angeles or anywhere else. Bumfluck is simply a place AA doesn't think will be a profitable destination to fly direct from.

My whole point was that it is probably 25-60% cheaper to fly to the DR these days from any point of entry. You stated just the opposite which I felt was bad info.

Nothing personal here. I think JimmyinDR should buy us both a drink because he is a cheap SOB.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ustelephone said:
Escott,

Let me remind me of the valuable advise you once gave me:

Ignore stuff like this.

You'll live longer.
Thanks for the advice but I was never even upset in the slightest. I was just trying to correct bad info.

Things just get carried away in cyberland sometimes.

Escott

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Escott said:
Anyone can come onto a message board and make statements that are either true or not true. Until I get to know someone better it is just a "Claim". I didn't call you a liar nor say I didn't believe you. I just said I probably travel as much or more than you claim to travel which should put us on the same level of expertise in your book or you wouldnt have mentioned "ELITE" to begin with. That was the only reason I mentioned how much I have flown.

On the internet Boys are men, Men are gals and you can be rich and famous or what ever you want to be. This is because there is no way to check.

There are only 3 AA points of entry to the DR. NY, Florida and Puerto Rico. If you are coming from someplace other than that you are in Bumfluck. If you weren't in Bumfluck you would have direct flights. This wasn't meant to be something personal about Los Angeles or anywhere else. Bumfluck is simply a place AA doesn't think will be a profitable destination to fly direct from.

My whole point was that it is probably 25-60% cheaper to fly to the DR these days from any point of entry. You stated just the opposite which I felt was bad info.

Nothing personal here. I think JimmyinDR should buy us both a drink because he is a cheap SOB.

First, there is a direct flight from Boston to DR and second, I am not rich and retired.

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
Jimmydr said:
First, there is a direct flight from Boston to DR and second, I am not rich and retired.

I believe that flight (1711) makes a stop in MIA. Also, if you are traveling SDQ->BOS you have to deplane in MIA, clear customs, and wait while the aircraft is moved to another gate.

I found no service on AA.com from BOS to POP without changing planes. Also, I found a rate of $605, just for reference.

I think if we continue this debate over airfare we should move to the travel section. Airfare is lower from the gateways, as Escott has repeatedly stated. If you are mentioning flights from BOS to POP, you aren't in his definition of Bumfuck. Where the hell are you anyway? Does this airfare thing have anything to do with the increase of the value of the peso?

Last edited: