Domestic Worker Laid Off for Corona Virus Quarantine

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I maintain a staff of somewhere between five and thirty five. They are all being compensated in their time off. I, not them, thought it was more important for them to spend this time with their families. Of course, this was before the government edict of the mandatory curfew came down. Their funds are directly deposited into their accounts, as although I trust them, I do not trust them to manage their money in a lump sum deposit. They will continue to be paid, as if normal, and they know they can rely on me to assist them for extras as always without question (unforeseen medical events, medications, loans, child birthdays and so forth.)

To be surrounded by good people, you need to take care of good people.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
here's a question a friend asked me his nanny just started working( only 12days) for him and his family ..... he said she was pretty good and cooked well ..... but he told her if you go home you can't come back to after things settled down ....

her job hours was 12 days on 3 days off pay was 18mil for month... she just started only work 12days...

what would be the groups advice with situation?

I told him sent her 2mil a week if you liked her?

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
here's a question a friend asked me his nanny just started working( only 12days) for him and his family ..... he said she was pretty good and cooked well ..... but he told her if you go home you can't come back to after things settled down ....

her job hours was 12 days on 3 days off pay was 18mil for month... she just started only work 12days...

If the agreed rate of pay was 18,000...

Then she worked for nearly 2 solid weeks.

Next she goes home, and due to Corona is asked to not return until it is done.

Using your suggestion, it works out to be slightly less than 1/4 the amount due.

2,000 per week or 4,000 for 2 weeks, which only totals:
8,000 per month

================================

Instead it should be:

18,000 / 4 = 4,500 per week.
2 * 4,500 = 9,000 for two weeks.

So, the minimum should be something like 9,000 I would think.

Especially considering she did a good job from what is described, and the hard times likely ahead for her.

Here is hoping this all ends well and soon, and she's able to work again.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
T

This is actually a good question, in that live in maids and nannies usually leave Saturday afternoon and return Monday morning. This dilemma has to be very common right now.......leave and you can’t come back, or just stay here for the duration. Tough choice. Don’t see your family for possibly months, but have a job, income and food. Or go home and be quarantined with your loved ones, with none of those things.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I would not have her back until this is well over. As for keeping her on a reduced pay to have her return depends on how many did you have to interview, check references, found agreeable, did the job your satisfaction and felt comfortable with her

Finding good workers that you trust is not easy. Paid ours again, two weeks in advance while mostly, we hope, staying home and staying healthy

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
T

This is actually a good question, in that live in maids and nannies usually leave Saturday afternoon and return Monday morning. This dilemma has to be very common right now.......leave and you can’t come back, or just stay here for the duration. Tough choice. Don’t see your family for possibly months, but have a job, income and food. Or go home and be quarantined with your loved ones, with none of those things.

I agree is a tough choice.but my friend has to protect his family in which i'm sure we all agree with.. if she worked for the family for months than i agree keep paying her.... she only worked 12 days not months ... and we all knew the first month is just a show for them after that we really see who they are.... 4mil every 2weeks is more than enough ..i think she would be very happy with that amount ... she is probably thinking she lost her job

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I agree is a tough choice.but my friend has to protect his family in which i'm sure we all agree with.. if she worked for the family for months than i agree keep paying her.... she only worked 12 days not months ... and we all knew the first month is just a show for them after that we really see who they are.... 4mil every 2weeks is more than enough ..i think she would be very happy with that amount ... she is probably thinking she lost her job

$75 every 15 days. More than enough? Just asking.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
$75 every 15 days. More than enough? Just asking.

i get your point of view .... but she only worked for my friend for 12days.... if she had months with him i would say pay her full scale.... So you think someone who worked 12days should be paid full? I would like your point of view... its not my maid

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Only worked two weeks for him..he is being fair, don’t listen to bleeding hearts ,they not ones going to pay her 400 us a month for next 3 months then she says bye I’m not coming back, expensive 2 week employee 2 sides to coin..

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
i get your point of view .... but she only worked for my friend for 12days.... if she had months with him i would say pay her full scale.... So you think someone who worked 12days should be paid full? I would like your point of view... its not my maid

It is truly a very difficult question to answer for another, due to the varying factors involved.

Only your friend is aware of what he can afford to pay.

Only your friend knows how valuable this employee was in the preceding 12 days.

Did the employee leave another position to accept your friend's offer of employment?

All items only the friend can truly answer.

In times of crisis, some hearts close, others shine.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
It is truly a very difficult question to answer for another, due to the varying factors involved.

Only your friend is aware of what he can afford to pay.

Only your friend knows how valuable this employee was in the preceding 12 days.

Did the employee leave another position to accept your friend's offer of employment?

All items only the friend can truly answer.

In times of crisis, some hearts close, others shine.

no she had no job.... out of work for a year ..... well thanks for the input.... i think she will bolt