Domex. How long will this last?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm almost afraid to post this for fear it will end.

The last 6 packages of items I bought on Amazon have arrived in 2 days.

The last was a fuel pump for my Cherokee that I ordered late Wednesday, and it was delivered today.

Yesterday it was an Amazon foods order I made on Tuesday. Ordered and delivered to Domex within a few hours, and delivered here to my house yesterday afternoon.

Here's hoping it lasts!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
What is Domex charging per pound?
This was my fuel pump delivered today:
1705689915963.jpeg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I'm almost afraid to post this for fear it will end.

The last 6 packages of items I bought on Amazon have arrived in 2 days.

The last was a fuel pump for my Cherokee that I ordered late Wednesday, and it was delivered today.

Yesterday it was an Amazon foods order I made on Tuesday. Ordered and delivered to Domex within a few hours, and delivered here to my house yesterday afternoon.

Here's hoping it lasts!
Prices per pound ? My Amazon packages have been taking a minimum of a week for the fastest times through another delivery service

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Prices per pound ? My Amazon packages have been taking a minimum of a week for the fastest times through another delivery service
Did you see post #3?

My packages with Domex have been taking anywhere from 4 to 8 days. (I keep a spreadsheet of all my packages so I don't lose track of them.)

I still have a hard time believing a package that was delivered to the Miami office of my carrier on Wednesday flew to the DR, arrived at the SD office then transferred to the San Cris office by this morning.

A perfect sequence of events.

By the way, did anyone notice how much the "other" charges were on my invoice? They almost doubled the cost.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Did you see post #3?

My packages with Domex have been taking anywhere from 4 to 8 days. (I keep a spreadsheet of all my packages so I don't lose track of them.)

I still have a hard time believing a package that was delivered to the Miami office of my carrier on Wednesday flew to the DR, arrived at the SD office then transferred to the San Cris office by this morning.

By the way, did anyone notice how much the "other" charges were on my invoice? They almost doubled the cost.
Beats Timeless by a mile. I may try them on a test

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Did you see post #3?

That's still a lot cheaper than BM Cargo or EPS which run about 288 pesos/lb. No extra charge for delivery?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
No extra charge for delivery.

I have 5 packages that were received in Miami today. Let's see when they get delivered.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I just had a package delivered to my courier on Tuesday of this week and picked it up today Friday. I use Blumbox in sosua. The cost is 185 pesos all in. To Puerto Plata it is a little cheaper. No Idea what it is to Santiago or Santo Domingo where the packages land in country. Usually it takes a little longer.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I just had a package delivered to my courier on Tuesday of this week and picked it up today Friday. I use Blumbox in sosua. The cost is 185 pesos all in. To Puerto Plata it is a little cheaper. No Idea what it is to Santiago or Santo Domingo where the packages land in country. Usually it takes a little longer.
What weight?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Your courier in Miami (U.S.) or the D.R.?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
No extra charge for delivery.

I have 5 packages that were received in Miami today. Let's see when they get delivered.
I have been "advocating" BMCargo for years, and they are good and reliable, but have to say, while still in POP, we did use Domex quite a few times and they are unfortunately much faster than BM... Also, their tracking is like better and more accurate, and their process in the office when claiming packages, was more streamlined and quicker... I originally had to switch from BM to Domex as as a very nasty surprise, BM refused to bring an envelope with a debit card in it while for Domex this was no problem... I should have done my due diligence before shipping the card of course, but we had a lot going on at that time... Domex did an excellent job with that one delivery so we stuck with them...

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I've used quite a few of them, and IMHO Domex is by far the best.

It really is aggravating to be changing addresses so I'm glad I found them

Reactions: chico bill

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The parking at BM Cargo in Sosua is becoming a real problem anymore. I think I'm going to switch to Domex just for that reason alone.

Reactions: Buck

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I just got two packages delivered from Domex. One took 8 days, the other took 2 days.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The one thing I really like about BM Cargo is their ability to handle problems in aduanas. One time an item arrived w/o an invoice. I received an email from BM Cargo the same day, emailed them a copy of the invoice, and the item was released from aduanas the next day.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Domex is by far the best dealing with Aduana. Never a problem and many times package contents get misclassified, if you get my drift.

Reactions: cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I've never had a serious problem with BMCargo. One time this past Christmas, they were packed but that's to be expected. I was probably there over 30 minutes, which is 28 minutes over my threshold.

I also have MBE for mail. Another no problem courier. But like the poster above, the parking issue makes it difficult.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I've never had a serious problem with BMCargo. One time this past Christmas, they were packed but that's to be expected. I was probably there over 30 minutes, which is 28 minutes over my threshold.

I also have MBE for mail. Another no problem courier. But like the poster above, the parking issue makes it difficult.
When you use Domex, you can pay online, and have them deliver it to your house. Pretty simple. Who has time to stand in lines?