Domex. How long will this last?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
When you use Domex, you can pay online, and have them deliver it to your house. Pretty simple. Who has time to stand in lines?
That's another point for them, at least when we last used BMCargo and throughout the pandemic, they offer no delivery service, at least not in POP... Add to that that unfortunately, their processes when you go claim packages are really slow... And that while they have an online payment method available, my foreign card was declined, so I had no choice but to go physically to their office and pay by card there (yes, card was fine in POS, but not in their system on the website, go figure...).

Once during the pandemic, I was out on the second-floor balcony with my wife in POP, and we watched a nice truck bringing packages to a neighbor. We both cursed BM at that point having pending packages arriving to Miami... No home delivery with them... Change of courier on the way...

Reactions: Gadfly

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's another point for them, at least when we last used BMCargo and throughout the pandemic, they offer no delivery service, at least not in POP... Add to that that unfortunately, their processes when you go claim packages are really slow... And that while they have an online payment method available, my foreign card was declined, so I had no choice but to go physically to their office and pay by card there (yes, card was fine in POS, but not in their system on the website, go figure...).

Once during the pandemic, I was out on the second-floor balcony with my wife in POP, and we watched a nice truck bringing packages to a neighbor. We both cursed BM at that point having pending packages arriving to Miami... No home delivery with them... Change of courier on the way...
Correct. I used to call the Domex office to pay with my U.S. CC.

Then one day the girl in the office told me if I had a local card I could pay online. She said their system will let you register one, but it is not set up to accept U.S. CC payments on line No problem using it when I call.
So get their number when you register, and call them to pay. Easy Peasy.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Home delivery with Domex is a huge benefit, especially considering their rates are 25% less than most other couriers. I don't know how they do it(?).
I'd guess volume. They move a ton of packages

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I have been "advocating" BMCargo for years, and they are good and reliable, but have to say, while still in POP, we did use Domex quite a few times and they are unfortunately much faster than BM... Also, their tracking is like better and more accurate, and their process in the office when claiming packages, was more streamlined and quicker... I originally had to switch from BM to Domex as as a very nasty surprise, BM refused to bring an envelope with a debit card in it while for Domex this was no problem... I should have done my due diligence before shipping the card of course, but we had a lot going on at that time... Domex did an excellent job with that one delivery so we stuck with them...
For years I never had a problem receiving credit & debit cards with BMCargo UNTIL recently, they would not ship my new CC from FL to POP. My bank used the same standard size envelope as before, no indication of sender OR contents. The reasons they claim are bogus.
OK. I’ll switch to DOMEX. Soon.

Reactions: chico bill

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
For years I never had a problem receiving credit & debit cards with BMCargo UNTIL recently, they would not ship my new CC from FL to POP. My bank used the same standard size envelope as before, no indication of sender OR contents. The reasons they claim are bogus.
OK. I’ll switch to DOMEX. Soon.
Just to be clear, not sending cards is in fact in their TOC on their website, just that even I did not know or think of this back then... Whether or not they check everything in Miami would be another thing I suppose...

Reactions: NanSanPedro

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The parking at BM Cargo in Sosua is becoming a real problem anymore. I think I'm going to switch to Domex just for that reason alone.
Parking at Domex is bad too. But at least you don't have to deal with speeding cars on the highway

Reactions: cavok

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Just to be clear, not sending cards is in fact in their TOC on their website, just that even I did not know or think of this back then... Whether or not they check everything in Miami would be another thing I suppose...
Can you clear that statement up please?

TOC of BMCargo or DomEx?