Dominican Chicharrones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I used to love chicharrone....... until I turned 40 and realized that evey chicharrone thereafter stayed with me, living in my gut, for life 😑😑😑.

The video is a bit chaotic, but shows the DR that I love !!!!!!
Cool video.
Along with the Presidente beer, I switched to Chicharrone Light a couple of years ago...
they're located down the hill on Calle Bellon behind Kukaramakara here in Santiago. Absolutely Delicious.

Reactions: bachata and malko

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Cool video.
Along with the Presidente beer, I switched to Chicharrone Light a couple of years ago...
they're located down the hill on Calle Bellon behind Kukaramakara here in Santiago. Absolutely Delicious.

A few years ago we stopped at a restaurant on the Duarte Hwy that had a big sign: “Chicharrone Dietetico” 😂

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I stopped at a roadside place in San Victor on Hwy 21 that was selling chicharrones. My Dominican gf wanted them. What we got looked like big, thick, ribs with a lot of meat on them. I thought chicharrones were just fried pork rinds - no bones. I thought I saw bones in some of the pieces in the video(?).

Reactions: bachata

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I get a kick out of that video being on a channel called "Country life is healthy" lol

Notice they are located about a quarter of a mile past the fish stands.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
How about mofongo de chicharrones? Using them for their flavor and texture instead of a big slam of fat.
Yum.. I've got like 8-9 different restaurants here in San Cristobal with Pedidosya who offer mofongo con chicharrones. Heaven.

• Love
Reactions: AlterEgo