Dominican Cocaine Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
And that is just one reason the failed drug war is a failed war. Prohibition never works.
Hard to believe we never learn the lesson of prohibition.
One would think the American experiment with alcohol would have been a schooling, Instead it created Al Capone and his ilk.
Drug war has done exactly the same thing.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I think you are wrong. I am from a country where it is tolerated. 17 million people, more than a million addicted to weed. Not speaking about the XTC taken at parties.
You have some evidence that marijuana is addictive?
Love to see it as it goes directly against the science.
If you are correct it means 15 states in the US have legalized an addictive drug?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
So what would you like. Selling coke next to the coffee in Jeannette? Or two teaspoons collected by your ten year old grandson at the colmado?
Taking an argument into the absurd is silly.

Alcohol and tobacco are sold with age requirements that work effectively to keep them out of the hands of children.
Always shocked me that people use tobacco given the proven cancer connection but that gives support to the highly addictive quality of nicotine.
As I remember the cigarette companies were caught adding nicotine to cigarette tobacco to raise addiction response.
Bad people those cigarette producers.

Reactions: Garyexpat

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Alcohol and tobacco are sold with age requirements that work effectively to keep them out of the hands of children.
Always shocked me that people use tobacco given the proven cancer connection but that gives support to the highly addictive quality of nicotine.
As I remember the cigarette companies were caught adding nicotine to cigarette tobacco to raise addiction response.
During the second world war the tobacco companies gave free cigarettes to soldiers in theatre resulting in hundreds of thousands of addicted men.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
If you are correct it means 15 states in the US have legalized an addictive drug?

Put google translation on it. Marijana is not marijana. We have now weed with over 10% THT. Smoke a couple of joints a day for some years and you are addicted.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Put google translation on it. Marijana is not marijana. We have now weed with over 10% THT. Smoke a couple of joints a day for some years and you are addicted.
Royal Gorilla ... 26% THT. Nothing to do with our stickies from the seventies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So now we are comparing coke with Tabaco? Have you ever seen a coke addict?
Depends what you mean. When I was twenty I was a high lead logger and I shared a room with my hook-tender (crew boss) who was a heroin addict. Every morning he would get up, shower get dressed , eat two or three mars bars, drink two or three bottles of Coke then shoot up. Then he was ready for work. I would say he was a cokeaholic. As far marijuana being addictive I think it is just like cigarettes, it depends on the person. I smoked both from age 16- 20, but quit both at the same time. I started going with a girl that told me if I wanted to get laid by her quit smoking both, so I did. Strong motivation works every time. I had about a week where I missed cigarettes but pot I didn't miss at all. I had a good friend that became a coke addict then switched to heroin. Died at age 50.

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So what would you like. Selling coke next to the coffee in Jeannette? Or two teaspoons collected by your ten year old grandson at the colmado?
I'm all for people doing as they please
so long as it's not effecting someone else's
life in a negative way.

I do wish more of these "men" would step up to the plate
and teach their young boys how to take a loss in a street
fight without shooting dead the fella who got the best of
them.

This is what happens when young men are being raised
by mommy alone or grandparents who are a little too old to teach
them how to handle themselves and their emotions.
Life is full of Wins and Losses.

Where I'm from it's not uncommon for guys in their late teens/
early twenties to have a fist fight or two with someone from
another neighborhood only to become good friends later in
life with mutual respect for one another.

Sadly a lot of these young "men" are lacking this insight.
Case and point:

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Addiction can be physical (Heroin) or mental (marijuana) for example. You have to be a long time and heavy smoker to get mentally addictive to weed.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005

Nicotine is not the only additive that the cigarette companies use. Tobacco is bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.