Dominican Dating Culture

Hilari

Jun 8, 2021
New Jersey
What are some of the differences between US Dating Culture and Dominican Dating Culture? (It appears to me that sometimes Dominicans want to move into a serious relationship faster in the DR.)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What are some of the differences between US Dating Culture and Dominican Dating Culture? (It appears to me that sometimes Dominicans want to move into a serious relationship faster in the DR.)
If I may....
US Dating Culture your guy will only cheat on you if there are problems within the relationship
that you are either unable or unwilling to address.
Dominican Dating Culture your guy will cheat on you because he is wired that way.
No worries tho as the women are just as bad if not worse.
I've traveled the world over a few times during the last 16 years and I can tell you with 100% certainty,
Dominicans are BY FAR the most promiscuous people I have ever met.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
As mentioned, infidelity is very common. I may face scrutiny for this but I would venture as far as describing many Dominican relationships as polygamist. Sometimes mutually, sometimes not.

As a result, partner directed violence is very common, particularly (but not limited to) toward women. Femicide and domestic abuse stats are abhorrently high.

Dominicans typically move fast into, out of, and all around relationships. Very fleeting. With foreigners, they may move faster do to the desire to secure the cash flow.

If you are considering a relationship with a Dominican outside your level of education/ income etc., I would either say A) Proceed with extreme caution or a smarter choice B) Do not proceed.

Read the Mars and Venus forum, this has all been discussed in depth throughout.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I think there are some great Dominican's to date, but very hard to find. Someone mentioned finding someone with a similar level of education or income and I agree too but it's a challenge. I've been here a long time and I only know one man who I haven't SEEN cheat on his partner.
In my experience, many lower-class women here are very entitled with very little to offer. I'm also not into the snobby rich girls so it's been challenging. A lot of people come here and get the attention they've never received before in their home countries and do not mind splurging and maintaining a mostly one-sided relationship.

Most of my colleagues and friends returned to the states because they did not feel they would meet someone with who they could spend their lives with. I have seen attractive American women have good experiences dating more affluent men.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
If I may....
US Dating Culture your guy will only cheat on you if there are problems within the relationship
Dominican Dating Culture your guy will cheat on you because he is wired that way.
I've traveled the world over a few times during the last 16 years and I can tell you with 100% certainty,

I've decided after being here for a few years and having met tons of people, both men and women, that Dominicans function on a very basic level and that, for most of them, sex is merely a biological function, to be addressed apart from any emotional connection.

Reactions: Big and JD Jones
Sep 19, 2005
If I may....
thank god!!!!!!!!

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Matilda used to talk about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in these conversations.

Because many Dominicans are functioning in the bottom two tiers of the pyramid, we have the situation as discussed. Striving to ensure that Physiological and Safety needs are met doesn’t really allow for relationship progression beyond the Physiological.

Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Matilda used to talk about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in these conversations.

Because many Dominicans are functioning in the bottom two tiers of the pyramid, we have the situation as discussed. Striving to ensure that Physiological and Safety needs are met doesn’t really allow for relationship progression beyond the Physiological.

Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs

I agree with this. And I think that's why, if you're looking for a partner, you need to find someone with a similar economic/socio-economic background and life experience. Because otherwise, if you're with someone who is looking at a relationship to provide basic needs, and you're looking for a relationship that provides companionship and deep emotional connection, you're going to crash and burn.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I wish Gorgon were still here , he explained it so well.
These women who visit AI's are just so Unprepared when they Meet Fausto , who teaches them to Dance Bachata at the AI Disco .
This pattern will never stop , so whey even try to Intervene ..

and I cant believe no even one caught the " I need a FATHER Figure for my 10 year old"..

A Dominican Male who even IS the Biological Father is not often a Good Choice , but to make a Dominican who is NOT the Bio father
the Stepfather to your 10 year old Child ?T???
and this is the Rationalization for you getting into a Relationship with this man ?
What in the world are you thinking , .

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I agree with this. And I think that's why, if you're looking for a partner, you need to find someone with a similar economic/socio-economic background and life experience. Because otherwise, if you're with someone who is looking at a relationship to provide basic needs, and you're looking for a relationship that provides companionship and deep emotional connection, you're going to crash and burn.
"Deep emotional connection" lol.nice one !! I just want my chica to look good in heels, have decent job and know how to handle cutlery in public. The deep emotional connection I have with the fellas on the golf course.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I wish Gorgon were still here , he explained it so well.
These women who visit AI's are just so Unprepared when they Meet Fausto , who teaches them to Dance Bachata at the AI Disco .
This pattern will never stop , so whey even try to Intervene ..

and I cant believe no even one caught the " I need a FATHER Figure for my 10 year old"..

A Dominican Male who even IS the Biological Father is not often a Good Choice , but to make a Dominican who is NOT the Bio father
the Stepfather to your 10 year old Child ?T???
and this is the Rationalization for you getting into a Relationship with this man ?
What in the world are you thinking , .
Yes some gringas see Fausto on the beach with glistening six pack abs and muscles from head to toe and they don't care he can't spell his middle name.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"Deep emotional connection" lol.nice one !! I just want my chica to look good in heels, have decent job and know how to handle cutlery in public. The deep emotional connection I have with the fellas on the golf course.
Yes some gringas see Fausto on the beach with glistening six pack abs and muscles from head to toe and they don't care he can't spell his middle name.
And why are these considered so different? You want your Chica to look good in heels, gringa wants her guy to look good on the beach and dance floor. 😊😊😊

Unfortunately, the emotional ties often mess things up.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Fausto is there to ENTERTAIN every Lonely woman who comes through .. and is in his PRIME doing this , and getting Paid for it to boot ( in more ways than one)
And along comes SHIRLEY from Ottowa , and she somehow thinks that HE is the Right Man to be a Father Figure to her Child .. because he tells her ( in his best Spanglish) that he has sworn off that kind of Lifestyle ... given up the Wine, Women , Food, and Easy money.. Put it all behind him...
He just wants to settle down and be BIG PAPI to her Offspring , which she had with another man ..
This Scenario actually makes sense in her mind ? ?