Dominican Drama. A reflection of Latin Television or vice versa?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
european tv defends itself somewhat with regular commercial breaks. every 15 minutes. and they last enough to take a leak or get another beer. public tv has no commercials during shows, just between one and the other. but the content is just as shi**y.

You're right ! There are some tv programs that in between commercials you can make a five course meal!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
One early morning in Charimicos (around 4 am) I walked up on a small crowd in the street, two guys were facing off arguing and each had a machete. I didn't stick around but did look for blood the next morning. No blood. The machete slapping makes sense now.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Seeing that this thread is mostly about TV watched in the RD I'll add my twopenneth. Nearly all the women of child bearing age have their hair parted almost at the top of their heads, it is either shoulder or boob length, they wear make-up at least a yard thick, their lipstick is nearly always bright red, knowing the origin of lipstick do they really believe that their nether lips are ever that bright red when turned on? They look as if they had just escaped from a local circus. They never wash or clean their faces before going to bed. Their pillow cases must filthy, I note the camera never shows.
As for humour, take Miguel y Raimond for example. Their humour seems to consist of making distorted faces, wearing lopsided wigs, hiding behind the sofa and talking with "funny" voices. I haven't seen that kind of thing since I was at the circus 70 years ago.
Having got that off my chest there used to be a bloke who read the news on a show around midday Geraldo Something, he I admired and liked, he didn't gabble as if he had to get through 10 minutes news in 3 minutes and he articulated clearly.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
people presenting news and shows in DR are so incompetent it makes you wonder how the hell they got their jobs. it cannot be they all sucked the dick to get themselves those hot positions because who on earth would trust their peen to venya carolina? she'll chomp it off, cook and then eat with habichuelas negras and some nice vinto tinto.

the newsreaders pronunciation can be only explained by the fact they hold a testicle in their mouth. they mumble and cannot produce a single clear sentence, every name is mispronounced, including some dominican ones. the suits on men are badly fitted and all women wear dresses from putaoutfits.com with makeup applied with a shovel. their weaves of cheap chinese plastic threads are so poorly attached and of such bad quality they may be jumping around and shaking the head and the hair stays unmovable, like an overgrown, blonde helmet.

i catch glimpses of this circus whenever i visit in laws, who always but ALWAYS have their tv on. i used to think it may be the tv itself at fault but they have this fancy shmancy huge sony thing. no, it's the quality of the recording. what the hell do they use in DR, second hand video cameras previously used to film weddings? the picture is distorted, colours are poor, the quality appalling.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
people presenting news and shows in DR are so incompetent it makes you wonder how the hell they got their jobs. it cannot be they all sucked the dick to get themselves those hot positions because who on earth would trust their peen to venya carolina? she'll chomp it off, cook and then eat with habichuelas negras and some nice vinto tinto.

the newsreaders pronunciation can be only explained by the fact they hold a testicle in their mouth. they mumble and cannot produce a single clear sentence, every name is mispronounced, including some dominican ones. the suits on men are badly fitted and all women wear dresses from putaoutfits.com with makeup applied with a shovel. their weaves of cheap chinese plastic threads are so poorly attached and of such bad quality they may be jumping around and shaking the head and the hair stays unmovable, like an overgrown, blonde helmet.

i catch glimpses of this circus whenever i visit in laws, who always but ALWAYS have their tv on. i used to think it may be the tv itself at fault but they have this fancy shmancy huge sony thing. no, it's the quality of the recording. what the hell do they use in DR, second hand video cameras previously used to film weddings? the picture is distorted, colours are poor, the quality appalling.

Gee dv8, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?? Don't hold back, hahahahaha.

I can always count on you for an unvarnished opinion, very refreshing!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dominican tv commercials is another product of a dim brain eaten by syphilis and years of consuming vitamina bruta. again, the same shabby hand held cameras with production skills of redneck wedding video editors. really? there are no smart and knowledgeable people here who can script, direct and produce something else than latinolovers.com introductory clips? truly tragic.

there is a reason why we quit the cable 7 or 8 months ago and that i have not seen any tv show ever since. my patience is already wearing thin at the creases, i could not bear any more.

as for american tv show, i agree some of them were good at the beginning but then they got f**ked up by greed. they are no different than telenovelas after passing 3rd season. whenever a show proved successful the producers want to milk it all the way to the bone, then crash this bone, suck it up dry and spit the rest in the faces of the general public. murica produced the best tv show ever, "the x files". and it rocked, neatly playing the concept of a case per episode with some mysterious background motives. but then we were introduced to the aliens walking the eatrth, conspiracy theories, the smoking man, the case of an abducted sister and the load of other crap that made the show unwatchable. seriously, there was nothing wrong with riding the same basic concept. there is no need to add any more drama. "house md" was only watchable for 3 seasons, the rest was just pure symphony of greed of the producers.

that reminds me when i was a child and i would discover a new writer, read everything published and then regret so much he/she died and did not write anything more. now i appreciate brevity. i appreciate uniqueness. limited editions of ideas. but today's public is like a spoiled child i once was: they always want more. they cannot be satiated. they have no concept of being left with blank patches to be filled with own imaginations. they probably have zero imagination to start from...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'd be curious to know what kind of TV shows or documentaries that DR1ers would watch, but are not available.

Toss out your best TV show idea.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

HILARIOUS ! :p :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
MANY years ago, I stopped responding to,or paying attention to, the "DRAMA", not only from my wife, but from ALL DOMINICANS.
It works quite well!
When they have no "Audience", or other "Actors", the "Novela Mentality" goes away.
This is not an "Over Night" strategy, but, over time, they loose interest.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Now if I could just figure a way to keep them from having 3 tins of tomato paste, "Chewed Open" at the same time??????
ps, you can substitute any commodity you like,for "Tomato Paste",

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Dominican drama etc

Seeing that this thread is mostly about TV watched in the RD I'll add my twopenneth. Nearly all the women of child bearing age have their hair parted almost at the top of their heads, it is either shoulder or boob length, they wear make-up at least a yard thick, their lipstick is nearly always bright red, knowing the origin of lipstick do they really believe that their nether lips are ever that bright red when turned on? They look as if they had just escaped from a local circus. They never wash or clean their faces before going to bed. Their pillow cases must filthy, I note the camera never shows.
As for humour, take Miguel y Raimond for example. Their humour seems to consist of making distorted faces, wearing lopsided wigs, hiding behind the sofa and talking with "funny" voices. I haven't seen that kind of thing since I was at the circus 70 years ago.
Having got that off my chest there used to be a bloke who read the news on a show around midday Geraldo Something, he I admired and liked, he didn't gabble as if he had to get through 10 minutes news in 3 minutes and he articulated clearly.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
American TV came up with some good stuff in the recent past. All cable. In no particular order:

Monk
Dexter
The Sopranos
House
Oz
Psych
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

You forgot The Walking Dead. Right up there with Sopranos and Dexter.

..and, hey, Big Brother is good TV! ;)

..and, how can you not love Duck Dynasty?!?! Those guys are friggen hillbilly savants!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i only watch one show: top gear. we download it as soon as it comes out at watch at lunchtime. there is a new season out, i think one or two episodes left.

when we still had tv i used to watch, occasionally, other bbc productions: waking the dead, wallander and doctor who. brits know how to make good tv. they throw in great quality, fantastic editing, immaculate camera work and great script. add good actors and limited number of episodes and you get yourself a classic.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bring Back "BENNY"!!!!!!!!!!
How can you lose with women in their under ware?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MK6TXMsvgQg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>............................

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Xt7sM-ILrc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>