dominican e-ticket

robert8225

Mar 27, 2021
sosua
I am trying to fill the declaration and at the end it asks for payment $79.00, is this the case? the paper form we used to fill at arrival/departure now cost so much? can someone clarify for me please! I am arriving this Saturday from Toronto-Newark- Puerto Plata

robert8225

Mar 27, 2021
sosua

E-ticket Dominican Republic​

Please provide all responses in English.2. Review and Confirm Payment​

But again you can't get thru the form without making the payment of $ 79.00. can someone at one of the airports confirm plse? I am landing to Puerto Plata

robert8225

Mar 27, 2021
sosua
i just did some research and probably I went thru a private website that charges a fee: If you are being asked for any payment, you might have landed on a visa service website that charges for their own “work”. Again, the Dominican Republic e-ticket is free, no paid visa services are needed.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

use this

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
The whole procedure is special.... let's use that word

Arrival at Las Americas. Both Dutch, my wife born Dominican.
- Eticket registration completed
- Then obligated, for my wife, to fill in a customs form, So no check of the e-ticket at immigration
- At customs (nothing to declare) the eticket was taken (and also checked on both of us name)

In addition, hundreds of travelers are simply filling in the forms in duplicate..... it all remains very special. All in all, 1 1/2 hours later we were finally outside.

Several times in the past;
Scanned photos
Fingerprints scanned
Passport scanned

And this process doesn't seem to go smoothly either

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I want to report on my two experiences with the e-ticket, the first in April and the second in August of 2021. First, you should fill out the e-ticket as soon as you purchase your ticket(s) as flight information is required. Do this in the leisure of your home and do not put it off! Both of my experiences with filling out the form were efficient and a "no brainer." As soon as you go to the website you get an access code that you should write down as this will be the password you need to access your e-ticket information. When the process is finished--about ten minutes or so--you get a QR code of your data. Take a photo of this with your smartphone and make sure it is readily available when you go to the airport.

In my April flight, the only time I was asked to present my e-ticket QR code was when I passed Dominican immigration in Las Americas (SDQ) on my return flight. In August, I was never asked to present the information.

Repeat advice: Complete the e-ticket and get your QR code as soon as you buy your tickets and have your flight information!

Reactions: Auryn and OldSkool