Dominican Fashion, Style, Do's and Do Not's - Whats your opinion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Speaking of expats being experts:
So who is more of an expert: a dominican who lives in his barrio and does the routine everyday and doesn't deviate from the same friends and family or an expat who talks to dominicans everyday from all walks of life, from a campo farmers, to car mechanics, to bankers and also to people who have streets named after them? Back pain doesn't spare anyone, whether you are a servant or a president of a country. I have been in touch with people from all walks of life for 12 yrs in this country. There is a mix of people coming to my office from every corner of this country, from villages that you people have not even heard of and then all of a sudden a general or a senator walks in too. I have to see people for 15 visits so this means, we get to spend a good bit of time together. I have had celebrities come to my office, famous baseball players, well known politicians, musicians, well known public figures, church bishops and then a good variety of campo people to people from low down dangerous barrios as well. So you guys are questioning the validity fo my views and my observation of dominicans? Please give me a break, I think I know more about all varieties of dominicans than an average domincian york wannabe.
Then the same dominicans tell me no matter what I do, I can never know as much as a dominican. hhahahaha. lets just go anywhere in this country and see who knows me more. I bet the dominican host would be totally unknown and I will have a bunch of dominicans shaking my hand and greeting me with my name. So please, leave this ghetto talk to yourself, I have seen it all and still seeing it everyday.
AZB

Don't you get tired of patting yourself in the back? Geee....

Somebody really respected and known in this country doesn't need to be showboating all his knowledge in a forum every day of the year. We would have heard it from someone else already.

This reminds me "who's more popular" games from high school.

Reactions: AlterEgo

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
This reminds me "who's more popular" games from high school.

I m pretty sure I said that like 3-4 months ago. Its like Nerds vs. Jocks, Cheerleaders vs. Drama Club or something. Why dont we just take a step back, have a deep breath and teach these Merengueros how to play some Kool & the Gang songs. Its all going to be alright. Its going to be alright. All together now "Get down on it....get down on it..."

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Women on that video did not look too small or skinny to me -they obviously don't take care of themselves. The girls I saw at Loft looked so good, I was jealous. Although they did wear only regular night club clothes - jeans and small tops.

There are a lot of overweight women here, it is very noticeable from the north. These girls don't dress to accommodate their shape which makes them look ridiculous, you would assume mirrors were very expensive here. Buy something for the size you want to be and wear it even though you are considerably bigger, no class, just characteristics of VIZ comic.
Men, steroids are popular here now and so the shirt with the tightest yet allowing fit seems to be the thing, no individuality at all. Everyone buys crap from plaza lama and goes out wearing the same garbage with slightly different designs. Plastic gold and long bar earrings, so far removed from cool it is red hot.

This fashion isn't an error, these people dress like this deliberately, sort of the same as chavs in the UK dress tacky even though they know it is not cool and is not thought of as stylish by anyone. It is a case of grasp what you can, use what you have, fit in where you can, be part of something.

Reactions: RacerX
Status
Not open for further replies.