Dominican Foods

Challenger007

Nov 2, 2020
Springfield, Illinois
It is the acidic lemon or lime juice that keeps the avacado from turning brown. At least two tablespoons (or to taste) worth for a decent amount o guac is all you need. mix in well. Bottled or fresh, both work as long as the bottled is real fruit juice. Squeezing a couple of fresh limes is cheaper.
Everything is correct. The acid protects against product oxidation. There is no need to pour in any water, and the acidity of the lemon gives guacamole a special piquancy. Although then it cannot be eaten by those who have an allegria for citrus fruits. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

JDJones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Not for nothing, but you guys are talking like guacamole lasts more than a few minutes once it's made.

I've never had any that lasted even an hour. :)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Mine gets a little gooey if left in the fridge for a few days. But it is still green due to the lime juice.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It works when you have half an avocado..... and doesn't go bad

We do it w/ guacamole too.... and it seems to extend the life

Look up that Dominican tea they make for stomachs
I bet the report on it says 'Old Wive's Tale' - WRONG.... works like a charm

Challenger007

Nov 2, 2020
Springfield, Illinois
Not for nothing, but you guys are talking like guacamole lasts more than a few minutes once it's made.

I've never had any that lasted even an hour. :)

Someone can cook guacamole when they are waiting for guests. And sometimes during conversations, the guacamole on the table has time to darken and becomes unappetizing. So, a situational moment.