Dominican gun permit

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
... home defense....flare gun.... baseball bat.....no problems with any permit issues.....[/QUOTE
flare Gun I would love to see the affects of that hitting someone in the chest.

There are inserts for Flare guns.22 , and .38 cal... all on Inet.
Tried flare gun on 3/4 '' plywood.... at 10 ft. not pretty.......... perp would not survive!

Amazing thing is that a flare gun can be purchased at most Yacht Shops ; my grandson picked one up for me one day ... no problems; he was 14 yrs..
And that was in Canada where hand guns are quite restricted.
No difference here.
Amazing!
Russell

Sua Sponte

Dec 29, 2017
One did confront me. He ended up in the morgue in Santiago............

Did you face any issues with local law enforcement? I've always wondered how self defense works in DR. Especially if it's a foreigner pulling the trigger.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Did you face any issues with local law enforcement? I've always wondered how self defense works in DR. Especially if it's a foreigner pulling the trigger.

Nothing happened. Self defense. But I am associated with the FAD (Dominican Air Force} and have DR citizenship.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
11/2018 pistol permit renewal.

Pay at BanResrvas. RD 9,118.

Drug test (pee in jar) RD 750. We do 2 weeks before to go for the ballistics to make sure that the info is completed and has been entered into the system.

20 minutes at ballistics. Labbs. Ave. Mexico No. 66, Gazcue, Santo Domingo. Opens at 8AM.
Copy/paste into Google earth: 18°28'22.44"N 69°54'41.81"W

Have the papers from above and your current permit, current Cedula and Residencia. UNLOADED pistol. They do check that your Residencia is current with no problems. (that someone is looking for you or revoked.)

We drive from the north coast on Sunday and park and stay at a hotel. Use a taxi while in Santo Dominigo. Our driver knows where the ballistics place is so we don't have to give detailed directions. Ave. Mexico is a one-way street so knows how to go around the block.

Good luck. Other then the drive it is pretty easy.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Moving there in December. Im assuming I have to sell my pistols...uggh

....I sold all my collection when I moved here....gave my favorite ones to a friend in USA to keep for me...gave one of my daughters my hunting pieces.....

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
There are inserts for Flare guns.22 , and .38 cal... all on Inet.
Tried flare gun on 3/4 '' plywood.... at 10 ft. not pretty.......... perp would not survive!

Amazing thing is that a flare gun can be purchased at most Yacht Shops ; my grandson picked one up for me one day ... no problems; he was 14 yrs..
And that was in Canada where hand guns are quite restricted.
No difference here.
Amazing!
Russell

... for best results fire flare about 10 feet in front of bad guy.....it will bounce of the ground and shower him with fire.......Doc.........

RockyM

Jul 16, 2018
... for best results fire flare about 10 feet in front of bad guy.....it will bounce of the ground and shower him with fire.......Doc.........

Think I'd rather take a bullet then THAT.

I'll have to sell both of my handguns before moving. Won't break my heart or anything. I am not much of a gun person, but they were always there....just in case.