Dominican Hair Salons in Dallas Texas

LisaLi

Jan 13, 2009
I am from NYC and I have been to 3 Dominican Hairdressers here in Dallas/Ft Worth. Here's my review:

Crystal at Hair Cafe
2693 Preston Rd Suite 36
Frisco, TX 75034 us
(214) 862-7692

- She's from DC and not Dominican but does the roller wrap and blow out. Her blow dryer isn't hot enough to deal with really curly hair and the style she gave me only lasted a day. :(

INO

Dallas (off Highway 35)

(972) 280-9400

- She has all the good stuff... Hot dryers and she also sells products. Her prices are kinda high and she is only open certain days out of the week. I didn't like the haircut she gave me because my hair is very curly and she cut it wet. The style lasted about 1 week.

Yomair

Dallas/Ft Worh Area (near Hwy 377)

(908) 379-5548

- By far, she is the best hairdresser I have found here in TX. I have to drive over an hour to get to her but it's well worth the trip. She's had her own salon in NJ and uses Dominican products. Hot blow dryer, round brush skills and does a SERIOUS doobie. She cut my hair and I loved it. My hair style lasted about 2 weeks and her prices are reasonable.

Hope this helps and if you decide to go to these ladies, tell them Lisa sent you!

1969Mickey

Jan 27, 2009
Hi... today is 1-27-09 and I just tried to call Yomari.. but the number is no longer in service. Do you have a good number for her or the name of her salon? I looked up Studio 120 in Watauga..but nothing came up. let me know.. if you can email me also at Michelle_fisher@swifttrans.com... just incase you answer this message while im at work.. I cannot log onto DR1 from work. thanks!!

sls

Jan 27, 2009
Hello
This is an update to let folks know that Crystal of Hair Cafe in Frisco Tx relocated to North Carolina in September 2008.
I went to her for almost a year and loved how my hair felt and looked! I am hooked on dominican process /products. I am now searching for someone as well.

lissett

Mar 16, 2006
Yomari Dominican Hair Stylist in Fort Worth TX

Hi its Lissett Again.
Hi i go to Yomari,the actual address is
6601 Watauga Rd Suite 120 Watauga TX 76148
Yomari's tel # 908-397-5548 i just called today 29 jan 2009 and spoke to her, so the phone is working. hope this helps
Tell Yomari Lissett sent you.

CHAKEY

Mar 3, 2009
O my thank u so much im from brooklyn and i been living here since 2003 i work at the airport so i fly free i have 3 days off i fly hme get my wash and set and come back to texas but im currently looking at a lay off package and was thinking abt my hair i used to go to lopez in canarse brooklyn they r great thank u sooo muck i will try yomari

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Hi... today is 1-27-09 and I just tried to call Yomari.. but the number is no longer in service. Do you have a good number for her or the name of her salon? I looked up Studio 120 in Watauga..but nothing came up. let me know.. if you can email me also at Michelle_fisher@swifttrans.com... just incase you answer this message while im at work.. I cannot log onto DR1 from work. thanks!!

Yomari phone# is 908-397-5548, tell her Maribel's best friend from Atlanta sent you.

She's a sweet heart.

Nostalgia

Apr 6, 2009
Hi Everyone!!

I'm also a Dominican New Yorker. I moved to Dallas about a year ago. I have been going to see Robert from Live Hair Group. He is not Dominican, he is Mexican-American, but he is FABULOUS! Whenever he cuts my hair, he cuts it while it is dry and he cuts it "for curly hair." Many beauticians out there claim they know how to cut curly hair, but they are a disaster. Robert's prices for his services are not cheap, but they are well worth it.

Here is his info:
Live Hair Group - Dallas, TX
:: Live Hair Group ::

I know many of you have spoken about Ino on this forum. My husband went to get a haircut a few weeks ago. She charged him $25! I must say, that I do like how it turned out and his hair still looks great. I'm thinking about going to see her, but I don't want her to touch my hair if she doesn't know how to cut curly hair like someone on here suggested.

Anyway, if any of you want to reach her, this is her most current information.

Salerm Dominican Hair Salon - Frisco, TX

LisaLi

Jan 13, 2009
Check out Yomari's Website

www (dot) hair by yomari (dot) com

Sorry I had to post the web address all crazy - for some reason it wouldn't post properly.

www.hairbyyomari .com

Pictures are even posted ...

Good luck.
LisaLi

Last edited:

kp_turnipseed

Jan 28, 2009
Thank you Thank you!!

Lissett thank you for posting about Yomari. I went today and she was fabulous. I was going to a salon in Atlanta before moving here. I didn't think a good one existed. Anyone who sees this she is fab so give her a try.

Kristen

LovePink77

Oct 8, 2010
Carmen Tavarez DOMINICAN STYLIST
1530 Keller Parkway Blvd.
Keller, TX 76248
(817) 637-5892

TRIED HER YESTERDAY . . . SHE IS THE BOMB!!! My hair has not looked this way for 2 years since I moved to Dallas from Florida!!! I have finally found someone GOOD!!!!!

wajang1000

May 5, 2012
There is a Dominican hairdresser straight from the Dominican Republic who operates out of Frisco. She does great work, gives the authentic Dominican blowout and does wonders with African American hair. Her name is Elsa and her number is 214 407 6497.

wajang1000

May 5, 2012
There is a Dominican hairdresser straight from the Dominican Republic who operates out of Frisco. She does great work, gives the authentic Dominican blowout and does wonders with African American hair. Her name is Elsa and her number is 214 407 6497.

Elsa now has her own salon at Salon Boutique at 8250 Gaylord Parkway, Suite 3 Room 7. She can be contacted at 214 793 7959. This is the real Dominican deal. Two friends of mine went to her recently and I was blown away by the results.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Elsa now has her own salon at Salon Boutique at 8250 Gaylord Parkway, Suite 3 Room 7. She can be contacted at 214 793 7959. This is the real Dominican deal. Two friends of mine went to her recently and I was blown away by the results.

Your friends went? How about you, don't you have hair? Or are you Elsa?