Dominican legislators reject US Embassy migratory alert

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In some cases the cédula may be legit, but not intended for the person that has it. It could had been a cédula of someone else and once they died, instead of cancelling the cédula code it would be sold in the black market with the photo of the individual changed. Everything else on the cédula could be false. Since it was never cancelled in the system, the cédula would match and appear legitimate.

Not saying this is the case, but you never know especially if the cédula was bought (considering cédulas are technically not for sale).

Identity fraud apply to other things too, not just cédulas to some Haitians. Case in point, in every presidential election some dead people vote. A person is able to vote in presidential elections if they are Dominicans and several other requisites, the most important is being alive. Think about that for a moment.

Reactions: bob saunders

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
You continue to imply that it's quite acceptable to lock people up who are legally going about their business on the basis of their appearance. I will say again that being locked up in a Dominican jail, crammed in with twenty or so other people for even five minutes is something that neither you nor I would find acceptable.
How many times do we both have to tell him that before reading comprehension of basic english kicks in ❓
It is like talking to a rock.
Except talking a rock is better as it does not talk back like it didn't hear you (even though it didn't).:rolleyes:
I can only guess how the person in question obtained his cedula but who is to say he didn't go through the legal process to get it as you and I have done? If the person was released eventually, it would seem to me that the cedula is certainly legal.
Very hard fact (in bold).
Tough to dispute
A mistake was made by locking up someone by appearance on the street.
In my opinion that is what the international press and the US Embassy alert is addressing.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You continue to imply that it's quite acceptable to lock people up who are legally going about their business on the basis of their appearance. I will say again that being locked up in a Dominican jail, crammed in with twenty or so other people for even five minutes is something that neither you nor I would find acceptable.

I can only guess how the person in question obtained his cedula but who is to say he didn't go through the legal process to get it as you and I have done? If the person was released eventually, it would seem to me that the cedula is certainly legal.
When a couple of million people illegally but peacefully invade a country without permission some of those same people that are not illegal will be caught up in the attempt to control those illegals. What is difficult to understand. I just had two police drive by me on a moto. Both were extremely dark and could be mistaken as Haitian to those immigration officers. Color many be a part of the profile but it isnt only way immigration targets people. It is quite acceptable to stop people and ask for their papers. Detention is another thing altogether.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
How many times do we both have to tell him that before reading comprehension of basic english kicks in ❓
It is like talking to a rock.
Except talking a rock is better as it does not talk back like it didn't hear you (even though it didn't).:rolleyes:

Very hard fact (in bold).
Tough to dispute
A mistake was made by locking up someone by appearance on the street.
In my opinion that is what the international press and the US Embassy alert is addressing.
Watch with the personal insults.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Because he bought the cedula. You dont buy a cedula, even though you pay for it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
nobody here is getting locked up with a valid cedula. If they are it's such a small percentage, it's not worth counting. Mix in a nasty attitude and of course you will get locked up for further review. Just like in any country. Last month, an acquaintance of mine got returned to Miami. He took a four-leg flight from dar es salaam to SDQ and was exhausted. When going through immigration he admittedly talked down to the Officer. They returned him to Miami on the turnaround flight with a blink of an eye.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
No, it is just a convenient excuse to pressure DR to accept the third country condition for retention of the surge in Haitian boatpeople that is expected to make a go at FL on the next months now that the gangs have eased their hold on those country's ports. The fact that you normies continue to gloss over this is beyond depressing by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
The fact that you normies continue to gloss over this is beyond depressing by itself.
Wasn't my post, but I'm curious. What's a "normie"?

then my dream of seeing the Domi diaspora switch political sides will finally come true.
It's been happening as reflected in polls. Any further discussion will involve prohibited U.S. politics so let's leave it there.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
A normie is internet jargon for someone that isn't either from the hard right or the far left, as in, an unaffiliated person from the larger herd that composes the public, and who accepts all the stories, excuses and other kinds of tall tales from the establishment and its mouthpieces without any kind of criticism or thought given whatsoever to the facts or context surrounding said stories. Another way of calling them is "npc" (Non-Playable Character) coming from the gaming computer world, and serves the same function.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
nobody here is getting locked up with a valid cedula. If they are it's such a small percentage, it's not worth counting.
To say that nobody here is getting locked up with a valid cedula is just not true. Ask my Dominican friend who has been locked up more than once despite her valid cedula if she thinks it's not worth counting. The poor woman is now cowering in her house, only going out to the supermarket when I can take her in my car.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The fact that you normies continue to gloss over this is beyond depressing by itself.
@Naked_Snake personally insulting me again.
A normie is internet jargon for someone that isn't either from the hard right or the far left, as in, an unaffiliated person from the larger herd that composes the public, and who accepts all the stories, excuses and other kinds of tall tales from the establishment and its mouthpieces without any kind of criticism or thought given whatsoever to the facts or context surrounding said stories. Another way of calling them is "npc" (Non-Playable Character) coming from the gaming computer world, and serves the same function.
No thoughts given whatsoever to the facts...🤔
To say that nobody here is getting locked up with a valid cedula is just not true. Ask my Dominican friend who has been locked up more than once despite her valid cedula if she thinks it's not worth counting. The poor woman is now cowering in her house, only going out to the supermarket when I can take her in my car.
Tell me the facts that you have presented in this particular issue @Naked_Snake

This is a conflict between two governments: period (fact)
They are allowed to conduct the affairs for the population of their countries as they see fit (fact)

The US embassy alert
The sugar ban.

Related to each other policies who knows...unless you are sitting in the big chair and making the decisions you are simply speculating.
In other words it is your opinion.
Here is a proper definition to help those who do not know how to use the English language properly:

An opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement that is not conclusive, rather than facts, which are true statements.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I also can say that I saw the tictok vid about the black American dude in cuffs. As previously stated, he got out but he did have to be cuffed and taken to wherever they take them. He was not deported.
Other than seeing him in handcuffs, do you have any other details about the circumstances of his arrest? Was he with a group of Haitians that were being arrested?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I need to see that vid.
Sounds like racial profiling. This an extremely serious matter and if true, the DR government needs to revamp its entire set of immigration policies ASAP and actually stop conflating black skin color with illegal immigrant status.
How many confirmed arrests of non-Haitians have there been? I only know of two so far. How do you propose that Haitians be identified?
This is extremely embarrassing for the nation because the DR is already perceived by AA's to be a super colorist country, and now that has been confirmed on video. Caught on tape for the whole world to see.
If so many AA's perceive the DR to be a super colonist country, why do so many continue to come here and patronize the country? If you want to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk, and take your money elsewhere.

Reactions: Big

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
She doesnt work? In my normal saturday routine I went to Santiago. Lots of Haitians on the streets, shopping, selling and working. I observed no cowering. She was not deported regardless of horrible getting lockup is.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If 🇩🇴 's perceive the 🇺🇲 to have unfavorable views towards them...why do so many want to goto the 🇺🇲❓
😂

Because it is a fight between two governments (fact) and not against the 🇩🇴 people in general (my opinion).
And 🇩🇴's know this.

Reference is made to post #56

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
@Naked_Snake personally insulting me again.

No thoughts given whatsoever to the facts...🤔

Tell me the facts that you have presented in this particular issue @Naked_Snake

This is a conflict between two governments: period (fact)
They are allowed to conduct the affairs for the population of their countries as they see fit (fact)

The US embassy alert
The sugar ban.

Related to each other policies who knows...unless you are sitting in the big chair and making the decisions you are simply speculating.
In other words it is your opinion.
Here is a proper definition to help those who do not know how to use the English language properly:

An opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement that is not conclusive, rather than facts, which are true statements.

You conveniently forgot or left out the visit of that USDOS hack, Uzra Zeya early in the month and her rant about the "need for the DR to go the extra mile" as far as the haitians was concerned (as if the DR wasn't already doing more than most in this continent regarding them, including more than the country where you both come from), as well as the hissy fit from that Volker Turk idiot from the UN about the DR needing to halt deportations, but as always, you keep playing the NPC, and I am here to set the record straight for you and the larger public on the forum.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Other than seeing him in handcuffs, do you have any other details about the circumstances of his arrest? Was he with a group of Haitians that were being arrested?
I don't know but I could find out. He seemed to either be by himself or was the only vocal one in his group. As I write this, he had to be with others because he was cuffed and someone else did the vid. This was in the back of a police truck.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas