Dominican Medical Association warns against Christmas partying

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Waldo-Ariel-Suero-Listin-Diario.png

The president of the Dominican Medical College (CMD), Dr. Waldo Ariel Suero warned on 28 October 2020 that there are no conditions for celebrating the Christmas holidays in the Dominican Republic, warning that this could cause an “explosion” of coronavirus cases.

He said neither are there conditions to open schools for in-person learning.

He said already social activities cause the most cases of Covid-19. He said people have lost respect for the disease, and do not keep physical distance or wear masks when meeting with their friends and family.

“Those family social gatherings are highly dangerous, even dominoes and compadreo are the ones that are increasing the number of cases with Covid and we must keep our guard up”, he warned.

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I've seen the articles of police busting up parties at private residencies and confiscating everything down to cell phones. There's no well Christmas will go over well here.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If current remedies remain in place, no, Christmas and New Year's will not go over well here, but it will go.
There are not enough authorities to prevent an entire nation from dancing, singing, eating, and drinking during the most wonderful time of the year........for most.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I've seen the articles of police busting up parties at private residencies and confiscating everything down to cell phones. There's no well Christmas will go over well here.

I am abroad at the moment, but will be returning for the Navidad.
My home and other properties will be open to family, employees, and friends......as always.
No "authority" is entering MY private property and confiscating anything. Punto.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I am abroad at the moment, but will be returning for the Navidad.
My home and other properties will be open to family, employees, and friends......as always.
No "authority" is entering MY private property and confiscating anything. Punto.
I think people should be able to do what they want in their private homes. My building management tried to limit how many visitors we could have when it became apparent it wasn't going away. That didn't last long. I read the articles and it seems like an abuse of power, with the exception of the event someone had a church. That was just senseless.

Reactions: NanSanPedro