Dominican Most Used Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
I know that there are a small group of decent dominicans, that are educated and wealthy..but hell I don't come down to a third world country to rub elbows with the quasi elite of some little island that hasn't figured out how to keep the lights on.

I come down for vacationing, partying etc.

Who wants to know the rich dominicans anyways, when the poor are the ones that are most easily exploitable.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well if 70% of the population is deaf, dumb, blind, ignorant and poor hell then thats the majority.
Is that your way of saying that 70% of Dominicans are liars?

And stop callling me names
Pardon me.
Let me rephrase that.
The statement you made was a racist statement, that would normally only be made by a racist person, which you surely aren't, therefore it may just be a problem of cause and effect, from you associating with scum, thus leading you to the misconception that 70% of the Dominican population are liars.

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
One last thing before i step out....You can't talk bad about the dominican Low Lifes because you indirectly benefit by having a business in an area where the primary commerce is prostitution and drugs.

You frown at it, but some how, some way a part of that money goes into your establishment...if there was not those bad racist things, then your pub would be closed..becuase no undersexed tourists means nobody coming for breakfast or waiting for those ribs.

TRUTH

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Well if 70% of the population is deaf, dumb, blind, ignorant and poor hell then thats the majority.

And stop callling me names

I guess after all those traits some of the dominican people have shown you, yet you still manage to go back and enjoy hanging out with barrio putas/low lives.

I agree with Rocky, this thread is an insult towards dominicans. Not all dominicans are like that. I remember that manigualt is black american- what if some people started to mention traits of what black americans do ?? Do you think you would enjoy reading that ?? Learn to respect

Look at the USA

This country is fuc... up ! Cheating, lying, unknown baby father's, corporate theft, scams, you name it..

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
I guess after all those traits some of the dominican people have shown you, yet you still manage to go back and enjoy hanging out with barrio putas/low lives.

I agree with Rocky, this thread is an insult towards dominicans. Not all dominicans are like that. I remember that manigualt is black american- what if some people started to mention traits of what black americans do ?? Do you think you would enjoy reading that ?? Learn to respect

Look at the USA

This country is fuc... up ! Cheating, lying, unknown baby father's, corporate theft, scams, you name it..

Some black americans have the same attributes that I used for Domincans.

If its the Truth..then hell I don't have a problem with a discussion about it..

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Common lies????

My short list:

A) ...almost every statement made by most (~80%, my figure only) of DR lawyers (can be true for lawyers globally).

B) ... most Rich or Poor Dominicanos alike, "I can help you (te puedo ayudar or dejame ayudarte)". Met many dominicanos in my bi-weekly commutes to and from SDQ/MIA over the years. Most of them during the short two hour flight, have said it to me directly or to another individual sitting nearby. Most are trying to be polite, but they are mistaken in their intent. I Don't Need Their Help, Did Not Ask FOr It, nor do I want it!

C) ... Never ask a Dominicano for directions, most don't know how to get there. They WILL say anything, not to appear ignorant. Goes for both Rich/Poor/Educated/Non -Educated dominicanos.

D) Big Lie: "My cel phone was stolen!" Common with Dominican Girls in general (all classes). Dominican men will never admit to getting one stolen...it is broken, I left it behind, A dog ate it, etc. All lies.

C) when any government official states, "..we follow the laws of the country"...it is a lie folks, they do not comply with many laws!

;););)

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
Im actually African and Caribbean..but hell just like the owners of Voramars dont like Black people in there hotel..

I 100% support their choice to have who they want in their establishment. I don't get bent out of shape, i just take my cash elsewhere.

Truth

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
I agree with ElvisNYC, what if we started pointing out negative traits in other cultures/countries? Imagine how fun that would be? This thread should've been close from the onset. I know the premise was to be a tongue and cheek sort of thing, but that's obviously not the case. And I also agree with Rocky on this, if you associate with scum unfortunately you'll develop these misconceptions. And the logic that just because "low lives" function in the area doesn't justify racism. Finally, Maniguault's assertion that there are a "small group of decent Dominicans" is sad and somewhat worrisome. In a country of 10 million hard working people who struggle just to make it through with what little they have and he has the nerve of saying that? Add to that his unfortunate comment that, "Who wants to know the rich Dominicans anyways, when the poor are the ones that are most easily exploitable." Who in their right minds would think that, let alone say it.

Where's Robert when you need him?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
One last thing before i step out....You can't talk bad about the dominican Low Lifes because you indirectly benefit by having a business in an area where the primary commerce is prostitution and drugs.
That is absolutely false.
Where do you get this shyte?

You frown at it, but some how, some way a part of that money goes into your establishment...if there was not those bad racist things, then your pub would be closed..
First of all, that is incorrect, but the discussion is not about whether any money that has touched the hands of a racist, a puta or a drug addict, has ever got into my cash register, it's about making racist statements against Dominicans.
Furthermore, you do not know what I frown upon, and don't presume you do, however you could safely say that I frown upon racist remarks on DR1.

becuase no undersexed tourists means nobody coming for breakfast or waiting for those ribs.
You figure that only horny people eat breakfast & ribs?

Screaming "truth" at the end of your post, does not make it so.
It only goes to show how untrue the statements above really are, as you feel the need to scream that it's the truth.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Having throughly enjoyed my first Christmas in Jarabacoa I am, as always amazed by the politeness of most that I meet, that is in person. The only problem I ever have in the DR is the noise level. There are quiet neighbourhoods in Jarabacoa, but the vast majority are inhabited by people that turn everything up full blast, and it seems to increase the later the night gets. There were a couple of scam artists walking looking for money for their operation, tubes hanging out their pants...etc. I was quickly clued in by my Dominican friends. I'll write a full trip report upon return. I'm sure without there are hordes of scam artists of every kind in the DR, but as Rocky says I would prefer to accent the positives as they far out weigh the negatives. Perhaps Manigault needs to travel in different circles. I know Dominicans from the poorest of the poor to the super rich, and as in every country money and education can make a difference. Sometimes more money just makes an Ahole a bigger Ahole. Had Christmas lunch in Paso Bajito, half way between Jarabacoa and Constanza. Great food and dancing with beautiful camposinas, of all shades. Honest, hard working, and poor as church mice.

Last edited:

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
I agree with ElvisNYC, what if we started pointing out negative traits in other cultures/countries? Imagine how fun that would be? This thread should've been close from the onset. I know the premise was to be a tongue and cheek sort of thing, but that's obviously not the case. And I also agree with Rocky on this, if you associate with scum unfortunately you'll develop these misconceptions. And the logic that just because "low lives" function in the area doesn't justify racism. Finally, Maniguault's assertion that there are a "small group of decent Dominicans" is sad and somewhat worrisome. In a country of 10 million hard working people who struggle just to make it through with what little they have and he has the nerve of saying that? Add to that his unfortunate comment that, "Who wants to know the rich Dominicans anyways, when the poor are the ones that are most easily exploitable." Who in their right minds would think that, let alone say it.

Where's Robert when you need him?

Oh stop it, 10 million hard working people?? Come on..they shoulda worked real hard when they were at war with Haiti.

There are many good dominicans, its just that the majority are poor trifling pieces of garbage. What grown man is going to ask another grown man to send him money...What parent sends there kids off to Sosua or BC to sleep with tourists? If the upper class was so great, then hell maybe they would help the economically disadvantaged. But if they don't care, then why should I??

I will be damed that as a black man I go to some Island and have some mulatta or white Santiago Spain wannabe turning their nose up at me.. I aint trying to fit in. I want only to buy my properties and and make my contribution to the chicas...the only way i know how to ;)

The true class of the majority of Dominicans is further amplified, I wont say how..just take a ride through Washington Heights at night..Nice people but walking down the streets you have to step over the strollers of so many kids and hear the musica on max volume at all times. Because to be uneducated is cool in DR but come on You ever met a Dominican doctor, lawyer, or Stockbrocker in the states?

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
Having throughly enjoyed my first Christmas in Jarabacoa I am, as always amazed by the politeness of most that I meet, that is in person. The only problem I ever have in the DR is the noise level. There are quiet neighbourhoods in Jarabacoa, but the vast majority are inhabited by people that turn everything up full blast, and it seems to increase the later the night gets. There were a couple of scam artists walking looking for money for their operation, tubes hanging out their pants...etc. I was quickly clued in by my Dominican friends. I'll write a full trip report upon return. I'm sure without there are hordes of scam artists of every kind in the DR, but as Rocky says I would prefer to accent the positives as they far out weigh the negatives. Perhaps Manigault needs to travel in different circles. I know Dominicans from the poorest of the poor to the super rich, and as in every country money and education can make a difference. Sometimes more money just makes an Ahole a bigger Ahole. Had Christmas lunch in Paso Bajito, half way between Jarabacoa and Constanza. Great food and dancing with beautiful camposinas, of all shades. Honest, hard working, and poor as church mice.

I'll admit when I first started going to DR I was only exposed to the filth of the Sosua's, the El Conde's etc. But over time I created a network of friends with professional jobs, education, etc.

Yes it is a big difference even with the type of conversation used.. at first i couldn't see what guys like Azb were talking about but once I started travelling around to the Campos, like Neyba I got a chance to see those hard working, decent individuals.

Too bad the majority are not like that. They still don't know when to use the v or b.. like cuando bengas lol sometimes I hate chatting online to ignorant dominicans.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I will be damed that as a black man I go to some Island and have some mulatta or white Santiago Spain wannabe turning their nose up at me..
OK...
Now I understand what's bothering you.
It's not so bad when an educated white American turns his nose up at you because you're black, but you're damned if you're going to tolerate it from a lowly Dominican...
Right?
Is that it?
They are too inferior to have the right to snub you for being black?
Dude... You got some big time issues

I'm simply stunned to hear what comes out of your mouth.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I hate chatting online to ignorant dominicans.
Then why do you?
And is it any better to chat with an ignorant American or any other nationality?

I have to ask.
Do you re-read your posts before hitting the send button?
Do you hear yourself?
Do you believe all the shyte you say?
Are you really that racist?

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
OK...
Now I understand what's bothering you.
It's not so bad when an educated white American turns his nose up at you because you're black, but you're damned if you're going to tolerate it from a lowly Dominican...
Right?
Is that it?
They are too inferior to have the right to snub you for being black?
Dude... You got some big time issues

I'm simply stunned to hear what comes out of your mouth.

Does this mean that you won't rent your condo to me? :)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Does this mean that you won't rent your condo to me? :)
First, I do not do business on DR1.
Second, I'm not as dumb as I am ugly and won't play your little "let's change the subject game, and see if I can slime my way out of being attacked for being racist".
That game got boring by the time I finished grade school.
If you are unable to properly address the issues at hand, have the courage to accept it.
To try to use side tracking ruses is not only useless, but it further denigrates any point you have tried to convey.

I do understand any person on Earth not liking a given culture for some behaviour that seems unacceptable to him/her.
I also understand how most folks feel more comfortable with their own peers.
I also understand how bothersome some aspects of any culture can be to someone of another culture.
There are many aspects about Dominican life that are difficult or impossible for me to accept, but that's a far cry from thinking that the majority of Dominicans are ignorant low lives.
If it were so, I would not live here.

You may have been a victim of racism in your life, but it does not justify being racist yourself, no more than if you were the victim of a theft, would it be justifiable for you to steal.
Your statement about exploiting Dominicans is simply unacceptable.
You should not come back here.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Second, I'm not as dumb as I am ugly and won't play your little "let's change the subject game, and see if I can slime my way out of being attacked for being racist".
If you are unable to properly address the issues at hand, have the courage to accept it.
To try to use side tracking ruses is not only useless, but it further denigrates any point you have tried to convey.

I do understand any person on Earth not liking a given culture for some behaviour that seems unacceptable to him/her.
I also understand how bothersome some aspects of any culture can be to someone of another culture.
There are many aspects about Dominican life that are difficult or impossible for me to accept, but that's a far cry from thinking that the majority of Dominicans are ignorant low lives.

You may have been a victim of racism in your life, but it does not justify being racist yourself, no more than if you were the victim of a theft, would it be justifiable for you to steal.

Very well put....you have a remarkable way with words!

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006

So because you disagree with me and judge me I can't come back? Im assuming you mean DR1.

Or are you saying because as a white man and protector of people of color in the tertiary worlds you want to take a way my visa rights to DR because I speak upon my experiences and the many experiences of the people I know?

The experience for a white man and black man is different in the DR..I don't stand out as much..so i get to see a whole different side that you wont be able to see.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Manigualt, you are a prisoner of your own ignorance. You are strolling down life in a shade of stupidity. It's ok when someone who is uneducated makes foolish comments, it's expected, they don't know any better. But when someone who has access to education, as I supposed you've had, makes dumb comments it reflects poorly on you and the community which you, by default, are representing.

It's cool to be uneducated in the DR? What? Ever been here long enough, and talk to enough Dominicans, to know that most wish they had sufficient access to education or more opportunities to succeed? I've traveled the world and never met anyone whose wanted to stay stupid. Still, this conversation has moved from racist to just plain ignorant.

Have I ever met a Dominican doctor or lawyer or stockbroker in the US? What? Ever heard of Cid Wilson? Dary Estrella? Ana Olivero? Juan Pichardo? Marcos Devers? Junot Diaz? Dominicans have made strides in the last 25 years and have contributed to the overall American community and aside from the few bad apples, can be considered model citizens in communities around the world.

Irregardless, am I to assume by your post that one geographic example of poverty is the representation of a whole diaspora? So then by your standards I can assume the following: that Harlem/Bed-Stuy/Yonkers represents all Black Americans? So I see one black man in jail and now all Black people are "poor trifling pieces of garbage?" Cam'ron and Dame Dash for President.

The war against Haiti? How about 40 acres and a mule? Dude, you are bent. I won't go on your level and make racist/ignorant remarks. It'd be too easy. Even your attempt to sound smart ("The true class of the majority of Dominicans is further amplified, I wont say how") is fodder for a racist laden response, but I'm too tired for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.