Dominican Music

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
El Alfa is viral on TikTok with his rather vulgar song, La Mama de la Mama.

This one is less vulgar and a sort of Reggaeton x Dembow.

Ten Cuidado

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Some of the videos in this thread contain something that should be called 'autotuned barking', but not music. What raggaeton has to do with music?

Anyway.... Piano/singing guy from Carlos's post #1,094 is good. Reminded me some Sin Bandera's tunes.

There was a good Dominican band with a Colombian singer in Santo Domingo called Auro & Clemt, I saw them live once more than 10 years ago in some crappy club in Zona Colonial, and they were really good. They got some airplay on local radio stations but disappeared in a few years. The singer is still here in DR as far as I know, doing some solo work, but I don't like it.

This is their music video from 2008:

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Some of the videos in this thread contain something that should be called 'autotuned barking', but not music. What raggaeton has to do with music?

Anyway.... Piano/singing guy from Carlos's post #1,094 is good. Reminded me some Sin Bandera's tunes.

There was a good Dominican band with a Colombian singer in Santo Domingo called Auro & Clemt, I saw them live once more than 10 years ago in some crappy club in Zona Colonial, and they were really good. They got some airplay on local radio stations but disappeared in a few years. The singer is still here in DR as far as I know, doing some solo work, but I don't like it.

This is their music video from 2008:

Takes me back to early 80's New Wave. It was popular for a bit.

Reactions: Eugene_A