Dominican Or Panama Where to Retire

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Panama offers amazing incentives to retiree from the United States Including less red tape.
Do you know of anybody who has moved from DR to Panama?

I am selling In the DR and Moving to Panama or another Investors friendly Place

In Panama the retirement age starts at 55 years old for women and 60 years old for men. The Pensionado gives an expat the same benefits as a Panamanian senior citizen. Currently some of the benefits include:

Unlike some countries in Latin America, Panama has deeded beachfront property.
  • Bi-annual exemption for importing a new car
  • A one-time duty exemption of importing household goods valued at $10,000
  • 50% off entertainment, movies, concerts, sports, hotel stays from Monday to Friday
  • 30% off bus, boats, and train fares
  • 20% off medical consultations, doctor/lab visits, professional and technical services
  • 15% off fast-food restaurants, hospital bills (if no insurance applies), eye exams, and dental visits
  • 10% off medication

Video On Panama Retirement

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I know no one who moved to Panama from DR but one longtime member (Frank Rectenwald) moved to DR from Panama. He later returned to Europe with his daughter.

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Start by forcing politicians to be honest; declare their income tax,declaring their nepotism, declaring their real wealth before and after.

No one can force others to vote!!!!! People do not vote because they lost confidence in the system.

People leave the country because they lost confidence in the system.

Example:

I invested in DR and want to repair a 4 feet stone wall and was required to:

1-Permit from Ayuntamiento

2--Permit from Muelles

3--Permit from Puertos

4--Permit from Obras Publicas

5-Medio Ambiente

6- Turismo

7--Permit from -Permit from Comando Naval de Capitanias de Puertos y Auroridad Maritima Armada de La republica Dominicana. (They Require all those permits from 1 to 6) including all the individual paper work that I submited to all the 6 previous Agencies)

After they got all those documents they Want a permit from The Executive Branch/Poder Ejecutivo, meaning from the President of the Country., and require that the Medio ambiente certificate be from Santo domingo ( I explained that it is from Santo Domingo, and that Santo Domingo sends it to the province of San Pedro for final Signing and that it has a QR code that verifies it as being issued in Santo Domingo: Still they do not accept it.

8) Signature from Poder Ejecutivo ( In their own documents says that it only applies to a Building project yet they insist in that requirement even for the repair of a little wall.

CORRUPTION IN THE DR HAS NO END.

INVESTORS BEWARE!!!!!!

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
I know no one who moved to Panama from DR but one longtime member (Frank Rectenwald) moved to DR from Panama. He later returned to Europe with his daughter.
I have lived in both countries for a few years (like one month here, one month there, flying there and back with Copa, having home and car here and there). Back then (in 2010-2014) I liked Panama much more than DR, but then a lot of things have changed, so I sold everything I had in Panama and I live in Santo Domingo full time since then.

But I am not a retiree and not an investor.

Reactions: CristoRey

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Start by forcing politicians to be honest; declare their income tax,declaring their nepotism, declaring their real wealth before and after.

No one can force others to vote!!!!! People do not vote because they lost confidence in the system.

Example:

2--Permit from Muelles

3--Permit from Puertos

5-Medio Ambiente

6- Turismo

7--Permit from -Permit from Comando Naval de Capitanias de Puertos y Auroridad Maritima Armada de La republica Dominicana. (They Require all those permits from 1 to 6) including all the individual paper work that I submited to all the 6 previous Agencies)

After they got all those documents they Want a permit from The Executive Branch/Poder Ejecutivo, meaning from the President of the Country., and require that the Medio ambiente certificate be from Santo domingo ( I explained that it is from Santo Domingo, and that Santo Domingo sends it to the province of San Pedro for final Signing and that it has a QR code that verifies it as being issued in Santo Domingo: Still they do not accept it.

8) Signature from Poder Ejecutivo ( In their own documents says that it only applies to a Building project yet they insist in that requirement even for the repair of a little wall.

INVESTORS BEWARE!!!!!!
wow that is crazy. life in the campo is simpler but has other issues.

it seems to me that here everything is set up to drive people crazy with red tape.
opening a business account required msybe 20 visits to the bsnk and different places only becausevthe manager didnt want to help or do her job.

tmany things are designed to wast your time. my wife has more patirnce than i. i couldnt do ipublic schools dont work except for the teachers (who vdont)

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Panama offers amazing incentives to retiree from the United States Including less red tape.
Do you know of anybody who has moved from DR to Panama?

I am selling In the DR and Moving to Panama or another Investors friendly Place

In Panama the retirement age starts at 55 years old for women and 60 years old for men. The Pensionado gives an expat the same benefits as a Panamanian senior citizen. Currently some of the benefits include:

Unlike some countries in Latin America, Panama has deeded beachfront property.
  • Bi-annual exemption for importing a new car
  • A one-time duty exemption of importing household goods valued at $10,000
  • 50% off entertainment, movies, concerts, sports, hotel stays from Monday to Friday
  • 30% off bus, boats, and train fares
  • 20% off medical consultations, doctor/lab visits, professional and technical services
  • 15% off fast-food restaurants, hospital bills (if no insurance applies), eye exams, and dental visits
  • 10% off medication

Video On Panama Retirement

wow that is crazy.

life in the campo is simpler but has other issues.

it seems to me that here everything is set up to drive people crazy with red tape.
opening a business account required maybe 20 visits to the bank and different places to go only because the manager didnt want to help or do her job.same with trying to cancel a credit card.

many things are designed to waste your time. my wife has more patience than i. i couldnt do it
public schools dont work except for the teachers (who don't))
lots of jobs are politically apointed, so it takes years for people to learn their jobs so if there isca change in govt they get fired and new people come. .
no-one gets fired really (unless it was an election)
it seems like 25% of the population is working for the govt who finds things to do.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

Example:

2--Permit from Muelles

3--Permit from Puertos

5-Medio Ambiente

6- Turismo

INVESTORS BEWARE!!!!!!
Wow wow

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

100% aGREED.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Example:

2--Permit from Muelles

3--Permit from Puertos

5-Medio Ambiente

6- Turismo

INVESTORS BEWARE!!!!!!

How many times are you going to post this? It's getting old.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Clearly the OP has an issue with the DR based on post #6, they have told us in 3 separate threads.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Actually, it was five. He posted in several threads in the News forum too!
The OP probably made the same amount of effort into getting screwed around in the first place. Are there any other kinds of permits available?