Dominican Passport - Anyone get one

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Maybe you could more easily fulfill a diversity quota at an American company by claiming you're Hispanic, using your Dominican passport to back it up.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I have a question. When a person obtains a Dominican citizenship and he changes his name, will he be able to advoid the bank informing and other country of his deposits?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Perhaps for a while....

Indefinitely?
Try it and report back

Slippery slope that one......fraudulent bank activity
High on the radar these days.

Right now, I am verifying my address for a froeign banl - reverifying, that should should be.

Certified copy of my license from a lawyer
Bank statement from a local bank
Sworn declaration from me.

All part of the banking rules tightening globally.

Jan 9, 2004
I have a question. When a person obtains a Dominican citizenship and he changes his name, will he be able to advoid the bank informing and other country of his deposits?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Maybe....Maybe not.

If you obtain citizenship in the DR, then you had to provide documents from some country to enter the DR, proof of birth, etc. So a paper trail does exist....regardless of a name change......which presumably would also become part of your official file.

And even if you do, unless you renounce your citizenship (applicable to the US) you are also required to report any offshore accounts.

Despite what some claim, it is hard work to make and then keep yourself invisible.....even in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I never bothered, I can get one if I want but I already meet minority quota status in the US. It just means longer waits at airports, more scrutiny anywhere in Europe or the Americas etc. I am proud of my American passport

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I never bothered, I can get one if I want but I already meet minority quota status in the US. It just means longer waits at airports, more scrutiny anywhere in Europe or the Americas etc. I am proud of my American passport

Shhhhhhh not too loud, things are changing there too. I have many friends who were once proud, which has significantly reduced over the years to what today they said is embarrassment. You will either have Trump or Hillary running your country- that makes the DR elections look great. Leonel is small time compared to HC antics.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
advantages, only 2. when you fly to the DR, you will not have to pay the 10. for the travel card and when you leave, if it has been longer then 30 days, no fee.

Another advantage now is if you fly form or to SDQ and STI you can use the autogate and skip big lines in inmigration and go straight to pick up your suitcase.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How can you get a Dominican Passport without Dominican citizenship?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Another advantage now is if you fly form or to SDQ and STI you can use the autogate and skip big lines in inmigration and go straight to pick up your suitcase.

no different than residency! also would be the same for the overstay fee, none!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
no different than residency! also would be the same for the overstay fee, none!

Yes, it is diferent, to use the autogate you must have a Dominican passport. and for Cobraboy you can not have a Dominican passport without a citizenship

I used the Autogate and you pass by the gate in less than 1 minute.