Dominican Passport Numbers

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Do Dominican passport numbers change when renewed, or does a Dominican retain the same passport number his whole life?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
They change always.
Before (a while back) they renewed passports via a stamp inside that extended the expiration date. That was discounted as per international agreements to the matter.
Each time you get a DR passport or renew it, the passport number changes.

Reactions: Alltimegreat

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The number changes with the place of issue as well. So passports issued in Santo Domingo start with SD then numbers, Puerto Plata is PP I believe, and so on with other passport offices throughout the country.
Those issued from abroad have different letters at the beginning as well.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The number changes with the place of issue as well. So passports issued in Santo Domingo start with SD then numbers, Puerto Plata is PP I believe, and so on with other passport offices throughout the country.
Those issued from abroad have different letters at the beginning as well.
My wife's passport renewed in Santiago begins with "RD".

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
My wife's passport renewed in Santiago begins with "RD".
My husbands old passport, issued in San Pedro begins with SP, whereas the one issued in Toronto begins with TO.
His brothers begins with SD. Maybe it depends on how long ago it was issued as well?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My husbands old passport, issued in San Pedro begins with SP, whereas the one issued in Toronto begins with TO.
His brothers begins with SD. Maybe it depends on how long ago it was issued as well?
My wife's passport was issued 1st quarter of 2020 by Santiago Authority.
As stated earlier, it begins with "RD".

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Maybe that’s new?
The San Pedro one was issued in 2014.

The one issued in Toronto was processed in December 2020 and received on January 5 of this year.