Dominican potatoes for Frito Lays?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Now if they can teach these employees NOT to crush the potato chips it would be a big improvement. Every time I open a bag of chips all I find are bits and pieces. Do they have somebody special just to make sure they are broken to smithereens.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I've seen this battle between potato growers rage for most of my life.
Idaho vs Maine vs other states. Who has the best potato?
Notice that the best come out of cold climates . Fluffy baked I miss so much.
Point? An agricultural product produced in the D R is not anywhere the same elsewhere. And trade terms can change alot.
Dole had a good deal in the D.R. for bananas and was the biggest supplier. The D.R. changed the agreement, Dole had new contracts in othef countries within 3 months and left.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Point? An agricultural product produced in the D R is not anywhere the same elsewhere. And trade terms can change alot.
Dole had a good deal in the D.R. for bananas and was the biggest supplier. The D.R. changed the agreement, Dole had new contracts in othef countries within 3 months and left.
If I'm not mistaken the remnants of a pier at Sosua beach used to be for Dole or United Fruit to load their boats.

Reactions: Gadfly

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I read where the DR government tried to force Dole to use boxes made here in the DR. Was there more to it than that?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Now if they can teach these employees NOT to crush the potato chips it would be a big improvement. Every time I open a bag of chips all I find are bits and pieces. Do they have somebody special just to make sure they are broken to smithereens.
That's not an issue at the factory. It's similar to the quality of cheeses or salamis. They come out of the factories in excellent quality, but then Esteban at the colmado decides to cut the salami with a regular knife and in the process contaminate it, reducing the quality. Can't blame the salami company for that!