Dominican professionalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Stop insulting me - you do not know me and you cannot compete with words as you have little grasp of your first language.

Vain does not mean 'having no real value.'
That word would be 'worthless.
'

How thick are you???

As I said, buy a dictionary and read it.

What are they teaching them these days? Geez.

Wow I always knew you Brits were a little bit uptight when it comes to English but you're taking the cake (or should we say crumpets?)!

Vain - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
the roads you drive on and the superstore you buy your goods at are all good examples of Dominican professionalism.

What have you been smoking dude?

What roads are you referring to? I kind of gathered that you are some sort of civil engineer. If you think that by building a proper road, you mean by compacting down a load of caliche and sprinkling it with a dusting of tarmac, then you can't be a very good engineer can you?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
You know Brits are uptight??
Stop with the racism, please.
That will get you banned. lol
I mean, you are borderline illiterate but I do not class all Americans like this.
That would be wrong.

Do not believe everything you read Chip.
Sorry, but the word vain is never used and has never been used in that sense when applied to a person.
If you were not so thick you would have managed to read past number1 on the list. lol

Very telling - because you do not know what the word meant you could not discern the meaning even from a dictionary.

Hahahahabwaaahhaaabwaaahha

You are very funny but I have been brought up well and I know not to mock the afflicted.
Though it is very difficult sometimes.

Is it time for your 1 beer yet?

lovin' life

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Dang, four pages of harshness for a fairly innocent, if somewhat naive, post.

I think Chip's crime here was saying, "I know some very professional minded Dominicans." Don't know if he really should be slammed for that. I live in Atlanta, and while the power stays on and the roads are often in good repair, I can show plenty of examples of government (and corporate, for that matter) incompetence.

Chip is wrong often enough for us to cut him a little slack for saying something nice. lol. :glasses:

Some here would have us believe there is no such thing as a Dominican professional which I think has been verified by more than a few of the posts. I just wanted to make the point that there is a system of higher education that correctly prepares professionals. No there aren't enough of them - I realize that - good grief. :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You know Brits are uptight??
Stop with the racism, please.
That will get you banned. lol
I mean, you are borderline illiterate but I do not class all Americans like this.
That would be wrong.

Do not believe everything you read Chip.
Sorry, but the word vain is never used and has never been used in that sense.
If you were not so thick you would have managed to read past number1 on the list. lol

Very telling - because you do not know what the word meant you could not discern the meaning even from a dictionary.

Hahahahabwaaahhaaabwaaahha

You are very funny but I have been brought up well and I know not to mock the afflicted.
Though it is very difficult sometimes.

Is it time for your 1 beer yet?

lovin' life

You are so "vain" you can't even play along.

As far as not mocking, now your really going over the top, don't you think?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Wow I always knew you Brits were a little bit uptight when it comes to English but you're taking the cake (or should we say crumpets?)!

Actually, the idiom is "Take the biscuit"

And it could be used in this context:

"An American correcting an Englishman on his use of the English language? Now that takes the biscuit!"

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I know it's all the rage anymore to mock my English but truth be told I have only criticized Belgiank, Acira and Pichardo for their poor use only after criticizing my understanding of what they posted (Pichardo) or making inflammatory false accusations(et al). Anyone would get mad too if someone insinuated that you got accepted into a university because of a friendship or left the US because you were running from something.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Play along? - With what? Your contrived thread about how professional Dominicans are in general?
Concensus is that you are wrong - very wrong.

Please can Greydread, Cobraboy, Bob, Robert or someone who actually went to school jump in on Chip's behalf here as he is really struggling with this.

Anyway, by the end of this there is a small chance you will have learned a new word, so there is always an upside.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Speaking of my poor English, probably most of you wouldn't notice my occasional gaffes if it weren't for my very own fan, SantiagoDR, following me around and doing the honors. :)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I know it's all the rage anymore .

That is not English.
Maybe you meant 'I know it's all the rage at the moment...'
'Anymore' is not even a word last time I looked. lol

What you wrote would not be accepted from an average 6 year old in any country.

Like I say, I do not make fun of people's learning disabilities as a rule, but when they have the ARROGANCE to criticise everyone else's language skills at the same time as destroying the language then I feel justified in commenting.

My mum teaches special needs - maybe she could help you out?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What have you been smoking dude?

What roads are you referring to? I kind of gathered that you are some sort of civil engineer. If you think that by building a proper road, you mean by compacting down a load of caliche and sprinkling it with a dusting of tarmac, then you can't be a very good engineer can you?

There are many roads that are done the right way, and there are many that aren't maintained or there were lack of funds because of corruption, etc. Still the knowledge and know how is there to do them right.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Beeza, you fix planes right?
How would the board feel if the guy fixing their plane could not even speak his mother tongue correctly?
That would be a concern. As it is you are obviously educated and do not struggle with English so i am happy to fly on your planes any time.

Chip is an engineer - I would feel concerned about whatever he built as judging by his grasp of his mother tongue he obviously does not have the ability to comprehend a diagram.
Even just out of professionalism I like to make sure work emails are linguistically functional.

There are 6 grammatical mistakes in this post.
Can you find them, Chip?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
No Chip, you are just wrong on this one.
Anymore is not a word and if it were a word it would not mean what you intended.
Perhaps you meant 'currently.'

Give up - you are out of your depth,son.

Status
Not open for further replies.