Dominican Rappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Damn son!!! You stole my playlist LOL!!! Let me just add Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Slum Village, Gang Starr,(RIP Guru) Common, Pharcyde, Black Moon, Public Enemy, DAS EFX, Digable Planets, Fugees etc. I could be hear all day Oh yeah I can't forget about my man Cuban Link I used to love this kid. My favorite Dominican rappers are wait!!!! Dominicans rap???????? LOL

He he a connaisseur, those hip hop crews were great back in the days, Gangstarr is one my top 10, with Guru ( RIP) and DJ Premier one of the best producers and DJ..However the list is so long Smith N Wessun, Wu Tang Clan, Main Source ( Large Professor), Diamond D, Above the Law, Nice & Smooth, The Alkoholics, Black Sheep etc, etc ..That was true hip hop now we have Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj... Smh

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Damn son!!! You stole my playlist LOL!!! Let me just add Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Slum Village, Gang Starr,(RIP Guru) Common, Pharcyde, Black Moon, Public Enemy, DAS EFX, Digable Planets, Fugees etc. I could be hear all day Oh yeah I can't forget about my man Cuban Link I used to love this kid. My favorite Dominican rappers are wait!!!! Dominicans rap???????? LOL

I concur with you on most of these Especially Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Mos Def, Talib Kweli ( Mos and Talib Black Star Project ) and the Fugees first album also let me throw in Organized Konfusion, Wu-tang Klan, De la Soul, Camp-Lo, Nine and the immortal Beastie Boys with the exception of the Pharcyde these are all NYC/NJ groups which as we all know is and will always be where Hip-Hop was born and will Die but the left coast has good groups as well, Freestyle Fellowship, Jurassic 5 to name a couple

O.S.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Damn you listen to everything!!!! My salsa collection is just as big as my rap collection. Bobby Valentin, La Critica, La Salsa Mayor, Orquesta La Terrifica, Rey Reyes, Mario Ortiz, Marvin Santiago, Gene Hernandez, Andy Montanez, Willie Rosario, Tito Gomez, Tito Rojas etc. I don't really do the James Brown and Curtis Mayfield but I respect their MAJOR contribution in the music industry along with Marvin Gaye. BTW If you know about the Isley Brothers you are a really down brother LOL My favorite song by this group " Voyage to Atlantis" and "Hello its Me"

Salsero tambien ? Son you do have test ! James Brown has been sampled a lot by Public Enemy, EPMD, Cypress, Nas ( God's Son, first track) well we could say hip hop grew up using his music ( the track " Funky Drummer" ,the beat has been used a LOT). Isley Brother ? I'll answer " For the Love of you" no woman can't resist that song

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
The Beat most used in Hip Hop : [video=youtube;8L4gITE3nUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4gITE3nUc[/video]

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I guess it says a lot about dominican rappers that they couldn't hold the thread's focus for more than 7 posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.